• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take to get the results of the first assessment?
I had passed 7/8 with SWR a month previous and passed them all, so I only had to do 1 test, which SWR don’t require for their drivers. They told me on the day. As did SWR, they should tell you on the day if you have passed the first assessment.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Travel61

Hello everybody,
Can anyone tell me how many tests and which ones exactly you will do at the assessment centre, please?
Thank you.

Joliver

Hello everybody,
Can anyone tell me how many tests and which ones exactly you will do at the assessment centre, please?
Thank you.
Hi,
If you scroll through this forum, or indeed this thread, you'll find all the info that you need regarding assessments etc. Good luck.

Arthurjack

Pleased for those who have for
Through. I applied early April and completed sjt a few days after.
Passed sjt. I haven’t heard anything as yet I assume they would have been Processed In date order

Jonty

Passed sjt. I haven’t heard anything as yet I assume they would have been Processed In date order
Can I ask how you found out that you passed sjt ?

Gary Webb

I applied back in April and haven’t heard nothing of yet, and I think there is a lot of us in the same boat.
But I did hear of someone who applied beginning of May and passed their 1st assessment last week, and also have their 2nd assessment next week.
So who knows what’s going on.
Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting.

Jonty

I applied back in April and haven’t heard nothing of yet, and I think there is a lot of us in the same boat.
But I did hear of someone who applied beginning of May and passed their 1st assessment last week, and also have their 2nd assessment next week.
So who knows what’s going on.
Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting.

I certainly is a painful waiting game :(

strangemonk

Update: Had my first assessments on the 7th and now have the second assessments tomorrow. Little nervous about the MMI but I’m sure il be fine.

All the best Craig same for me I’m waiting for date for stage 2 which all I need to do is the MMI. Let me know how it goes just remember to refer your answers to non competency skills of a driver.

Emphasis on problem solving , communication , taking control of situations , keeping the train to time , staying Alert and always following rules and procedures

B Boy 82

I am in the same boat. I believe my application was strong but believe the locations are not what GA are looking to fill EG Liverpool Street and Ilford. Fingers crossed I am wrong.

Teddyward

I am in the same boat. I believe my application was strong but believe the locations are not what GA are looking to fill EG Liverpool Street and Ilford. Fingers crossed I am wrong.
These things just take time. I heard nothing for 3 months, got invited to interview and offered job the next day. There are vacancies in the depot link at ilford.

Jonty

These things just take time. I heard nothing for 3 months, got invited to interview and offered job the next day. There are vacancies in the depot link at ilford.

Well that’s good to hear , gives us all that bit of hope , the waiting is just horrible :s

bruebunny

It's hard not to feel really frustrated and lost seeing others go in for assessment days and not knowing when or even if I'm going to hear back one way or the other. If my application wasn't up to scratch, I'd just want to know now, instead of spending the next six-nine months frantically checking my inbox every time I get the ping to see if it's them and it isn't. Equally keeping my hopes up and filling me with zero confidence in equal measure. Especially as the post is still taking on new applicants. I wonder if it will really stay open until the end of the year?

Jonty

It's hard not to feel really frustrated and lost seeing others go in for assessment days and not knowing when or even if I'm going to hear back one way or the other. If my application wasn't up to scratch, I'd just want to know now, instead of spending the next six-nine months frantically checking my inbox every time I get the ping to see if it's them and it isn't. Equally keeping my hopes up and filling me with zero confidence in equal measure. Especially as the post is still taking on new applicants. I wonder if it will really stay open until the end of the year?

I was only saying yesterday I feel almost anxious because of the waiting , I happened to come across a job add yesterday for 15 mainline train driver jobs at GA, makes you wonder just how many trainees they actually want ??

Lee Saunders

It does make you wonder doesn’t it, the time it all takes just to get to stage 1 and your still a million miles away from the end of it all. I don’t like the way you just have to wait and wait and no one even notifies you to see if you are even close to actually going to get a date for the assessment centre. Could be waiting forever, tbh I wouldn’t set your sights on just this role. At the start I was advising people to be patient about all this and now look at me lol. Sorry for the grim talk, I’ve had a bad day at the office lol. :(

B Boy 82

It does make you wonder doesn’t it, the time it all takes just to get to stage 1 and your still a million miles away from the end of it all. I don’t like the way you just have to wait and wait and no one even notifies you to see if you are even close to actually going to get a date for the assessment centre. Could be waiting forever, tbh I wouldn’t set your sights on just this role. At the start I was advising people to be patient about all this and now look at me lol. Sorry for the grim talk, I’ve had a bad day at the office lol. :(
Tell me about it. Lol I have a feeling over the next month people will start to hear things good or bad

Arthurjack

I was advised on live chat that I passed SJT. But I was also advised if I didn’t hear anything in 6 Months I would have to reapply. So what read into that that I might not hear back within 6 months. Seems odd that people a month after I applied have been given assessments. Good luck to them don’t get me wrong. But system seems odd.

Mabs

I was advised on live chat that I passed SJT. But I was also advised if I didn’t hear anything in 6 Months I would have to reapply. So what read into that that I might not hear back within 6 months. Seems odd that people a month after I applied have been given assessments. Good luck to them don’t get me wrong. But system seems odd.
The System is unfair

Joliver

The System is unfair
The trouble is, with thousands of applicants, TOCS can afford the luxury of picking the very best candidates that score highly in these tests. That's just how it works, so if you've just scrapped a pass mark you'll be unlikely to hear anything. Especially as this application is still live until December.

Lee Saunders

The trouble is, with thousands of applicants, TOCS can afford the luxury of picking the very best candidates that score highly in these tests. That's just how it works, so if you've just scrapped a pass mark you'll be unlikely to hear anything. Especially as this application is still live until December.
That’s me out then lol, I think I only scored 10 on the application. Then again I don’t know how well I did on the SJT. I suppose there’s a little bit of hope left, not much but a little bit lol.

Roy Gill

Does anyone actually know what the mark is on the application to be classed as a pass, also what is a high score for the application meant to be.

Mabs

Does anyone actually know what the mark is on the application to be classed as a pass, also what is a high score for the application meant to be.
Highest mark I know people got on this forum is 12 and lowest pass mark I know of is 9.

Mabs

Well I got a 12 and passed the SJT but not heard anything if that helps...

You will hear soon.

I applied in Dec 2018 and got a score of 10 and was unsuccessful.

I applied again in Apr 2019 and got a score of 9 and now my application is under consideration. I still havnt heard anything since then so not sure what will happen now.

You stand in a far better position than me.

UPS1550

Help!
I've just been invited for stage 1 assessment on July 2nd but I'm on a training course for a new job and there's absolutely no way I can get back till the 12th :'( just emailed recruitment to ask if it could be postponed, any chance they'll let me rebook or is it end of the line already? :|

Trains4Life

I applied for this a while back also. Completed the SJT assessment. Then a few weeks after I completed the assessment, I received an email asking if I completed stage 1, stage 2 or both.

This is the email that I was sent:
‘Dear Candidate,

Thank you for applying for our Trainee Mainline Driver position.

We just wanted to ask if you had previously completed the Psychometric Testing Stage, Stage 1 or Stage 2 (or all Stages). If you have completed any of the Stages highlighted, then please reply back to this email letting us know which parts you have completed.

If you have just completed the online assessments with us and are awaiting a response, we will look to get back to you as soon as possible as we are currently shortlisting applications. SO PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

Kind Regards,
Recruitment Team
Greater Anglia’

But since then I’ve heard nothing, but it still says application under consideration.

I’ve seen a few people say they’ve already been invited to an assessment centre. Does anyone know how long GA normally take with their recruitment process? This is the first time I’ve applied for the company.

Mabs

I applied for this a while back also. Completed the SJT assessment. Then a few weeks after I completed the assessment, I received an email asking if I completed stage 1, stage 2 or both.

‘Dear Candidate,

We just wanted to ask if you had previously completed the Psychometric Testing Stage, Stage 1 or Stage 2 (or all Stages). If you have completed any of the Stages highlighted, then please reply back to this email letting us know which parts you have completed.

If you have just completed the online assessments with us and are awaiting a response, we will look to get back to you as soon as possible as we are currently shortlisting applications. SO PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

Kind Regards,
Recruitment Team
Greater Anglia’

But since then I’ve heard nothing, but it still says application under consideration.

I’ve seen a few people say they’ve already been invited to an assessment centre. Does anyone know how long GA normally take with their recruitment process? This is the first time I’ve applied for the company.

The best candidates get priority. Once they get through them, Hopefully we are part of the next wave.

doink

I am in the same situation, its the first time I have applied for a trainee train driver position, scored 12 on the application and am certain I passed the SJT test.
I had no luck trying to online chat recruitment yesterday.
It looks like recruitment is selecting guys who have already completed the assessments or live close to their selected stations.
I applied for Liverpool Street and Ilford but I suspect that the majority of us have gone for the same locations hence the long wait.

‘Dear Candidate,

Kind Regards,
Recruitment Team
Greater Anglia’

Status
Not open for further replies.