• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonty

It would appear slot of us are in the same position, online chat wouldn’t work for me so I emailed them but still no reply :s, I’d much rather just know all this waiting is awful lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lee Saunders

Help!
I've just been invited for stage 1 assessment on July 2nd but I'm on a training course for a new job and there's absolutely no way I can get back till the 12th :'( just emailed recruitment to ask if it could be postponed, any chance they'll let me rebook or is it end of the line already? :|
I’m not certain but with the massive volume of people who have applied I wouldn’t have thought you would be able to rebook it. But you might get lucky.

Lee Saunders

All I got told on the online chat feature is that I passed and would get a notification in a couple of months or so for a date the the assessment centre. It said my application is under review but I haven’t seen it since I looked about 6 weeks ago as my laptop isn’t working now so can’t check if it’s changed or not. What I don’t understand is does he mean I passed the application and the SJT? Or just the application? :/

doink

Help!
I've just been invited for stage 1 assessment on July 2nd but I'm on a training course for a new job and there's absolutely no way I can get back till the 12th :'( just emailed recruitment to ask if it could be postponed, any chance they'll let me rebook or is it end of the line already? :|
You are one lucky guy and I wish you the best of luck but I don't see them rescheduling this for you as there are a lot of people waiting in line and the fact that they have co tacted you means they already think you are better than most so its up in the air and the next move is yours, buddy

doink

How I see it is that the longer the wait the longer you have to prepare.
It would appear slot of us are in the same position, online chat wouldn’t work for me so I emailed them but still no reply :s, I’d much rather just know all this waiting is awful lol

doink

All I got told on the online chat feature is that I passed and would get a notification in a couple of months or so for a date the the assessment centre. It said my application is under review but I haven’t seen it since I looked about 6 weeks ago as my laptop isn’t working now so can’t check if it’s changed or not. What I don’t understand is does he mean I passed the application and the SJT? Or just the application? :/
I think he meant you have passed the SJT.

doink

Ok cheers. Do you know if once it says your application is under review does it change? Do you have to keep checking it or just wait it out for that email?
From previous experience with other companies outside the railway industry, you are still under consideration until you get the offer letter from HR, but it might be different for trainee driver positions.
I am sure one of the guys on here will clarify this.

Lee Saunders

From previous experience with other companies outside the railway industry, you are still under consideration until you get the offer letter from HR, but it might be different for trainee driver positions.
I am sure one of the guys on here will clarify this.
Ok cheers just a waiting game unfortunately

Lee Saunders

Yeah Lee, I feel your pain am endlesly checking my emails and its starting to get addictive LOL.
Me to lol, it’s been nearly 2 months since I passed so I might get lucky might not we shall see. Hopefully you’ll get that special email soon. Good luck

doink

I to lol, it’s been nearly 2 months since I passed so I might get lucky might not we shall see. Hopefully, you’ll get that special email soon. Good luck
Likewise, Lee, the same goes to everyone else waiting for that email, it's my first rodeo so don't know what to expect but I sure do regret not applying for these positions sooner.

DMcq2010

Just a bit of friendly advice, don't let the process consume you, they will be in contact in due course if you meet criteria for them to go foward, nothing you do will change that. It takes a long time so just periodically check the forums and emails but don't dwell on it. In a talent pool already for another TOC. Started that aplication in October last year. If you constantly check it will drive you mad.

Lester1878

I’m new to all this so please bear with me! I’ve been invited to do the online assessment any advice before I do?

Lester1878

Hi, I am new to all this so please bear with me! I’ve been invited to do the online assessment,
any advice or help would be very appreciated.

DMcq2010

It is exactly what it says, get some quiet time it takes 30mins. It's basically a personality test. Situational judgement with multiple choice answers. I think 19 questions. They will develop a personality profile from your answers. My advice - just be honest and don't Over think it.

Lester1878

It is exactly what it says, get some quiet time it takes 30mins. It's basically a personality test. Situational judgement with multiple choice answers. I think 19 questions. They will develop a personality profile from your answers. My advice - just be honest and don't Over think it.

Great, thank you

UPS1550

Great, thank you
Think SAFETY first & customer service, if you applied for mainline and depot roles you'll have to do it twice but they probably won't send invitations together, it's probably the easy part of the whole process so don't worry about it!

Jonty

So... had an email today asking if I can confirm if I have taken stage 1 and stage 2 psychometric tests and that I have passed my sjt and am now now to wait while they complete there shortlisting . Anyone else heard anything ?

Lee Saunders

So... had an email today asking if I can confirm if I have taken stage 1 and stage 2 psychometric tests and that I have passed my sjt and am now now to wait while they complete there shortlisting . Anyone else heard anything ?
I got that email about a month ago saying if I passed the psychometric stage 1&2, but it did not say if I had passed the SJT. I haven’t passed them ones so did not reply. Not sure if you got a different email to me though. My application said under consideration, well it did about six weeks ago anyway I haven’t checked it lately

Jonty

I got that email about a month ago saying if I passed the psychometric stage 1&2, but it did not say if I had passed the SJT. I haven’t passed them ones so did not reply. Not sure if you got a different email to me though. My application said under consideration, well it did about six weeks ago anyway I haven’t checked it lately
Yes I believe my email was different to yours lee as I’m pretty sure you posted what you received on this thread. Mine also says under consideration.... back to waiting I guess .it did say they will be in contact as soon as they can .... one can only hope

UPS1550

FYI if it helps anyone,
recruitment said they "will keep my name down for another potential date" So if you can't make an assessment they will help you, i would definitely say it's a last resort though!:)

After getting the email to confirm assessment date the profile page changed to "awaiting assessment date confirmation" Now changed back to "under consideration" Again, I know someone was talking about this,not who though:s

@Arthurjack Norwich was my 1st choice depot, assessment would have been 2/7/19 so they are recruiting there still

Trainee101

Good luck to all on the assement day tomorrow. I applied late so haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully we will hear after this week to all who's application is still under consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.