• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lee Saunders

How did people find put about their SJT score.
I did mine on the online chat feature. But I don’t think they give you your SJT score. They just give you a simple pass or fail. Think you can only find out your application score and that’s it.

Last edited:

Arthurjack

I applied I’m early April. I’ve passed SJT but I’ve heard nothing as yet except to say I have passed SJT. I received an email a while ago just to ask if
I had ever passed part 1 or 2 of assessments. Nothing since
Then

DMcq2010

I've passed both stages 1 and 2 including MMI this year for another TOC. Just keeping as many options open as possible. Although having read a few posts there are a lot of applicants for this one.

DMcq2010

Then you will have a DMI, I had mine the same day at the previous one I attended but could be at a later date sometimes. Then It normally would just be a medical and dbs before starting training if offered a place.

Lee Saunders

Then you will have a DMI, I had mine the same day at the previous one I attended but could be at a later date sometimes. Then It normally would just be a medical and dbs before starting training if offered a place.
Have you passed it all now apart from DMI?

Jonty

Did anyone go on the stage 1 + 2 days on the 2nd ? If so how did you get on ?

Adam_leyland

Yes, I was on the stage 1 assessment on the 2nd. I passed which is great. Just waiting to hear back when the 2nd stage is. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

I applied I’m early April. I’ve passed SJT but I’ve heard nothing as yet except to say I have passed SJT. I received an email a while ago just to ask if
I had ever passed part 1 or 2 of assessments. Nothing since
Then
Same thing here. I replied to the generic email immediately and haven't heard anything since... that was about 3-4 weeks ago now. I'm just going to fi d a contact number and follow up with them.

Jonty

Yes, I was on the stage 1 assessment on the 2nd. I passed which is great. Just waiting to hear back when the 2nd stage is. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Congratulations Adam , where was it held ? How did you find it ?

Adam_leyland

Congratulations Adam , where was it held ? How did you find it ?

It was held in Stratford, Solar house. I found it quite nerve racking at 1st. I thought I did well but at the same you just never know and if I was told I failed, I probably wouldn't have been surprised. The Bourdon and the GLOP memory test I think are the most challenging for stage 1. The other tests were relatively simple and easy to do, if you remain calm.

Jonty

It was held in Stratford, Solar house. I found it quite nerve racking at 1st. I thought I did well but at the same you just never know and if I was told I failed, I probably wouldn't have been surprised. The Bourdon and the GLOP memory test I think are the most challenging for stage 1. The other tests were relatively simple and easy to do, if you remain calm.

Yea i suppose it is quite nerve racking until you actually begin , I find I’m more nervous until I start something then I’m ok . Was the bourdon test paper based ? Do you find out on the day if you passed then ?

Richardtknight

Well done Adam,

I took the assessment on Monday and failed by 2 marks on TRP part 2.... passed both Group Bourdon and the GLOP memory so was really gutted. I'll try again in 6 months. Does anyone have any images of the part 2 test (dials and pointers) so I can practice or at least see where I went wrong. I'm pretty sure from Monday 1st July only 1 from the 9 went through so pretty tough going !

Adam_leyland

Yea i suppose it is quite nerve racking until you actually begin , I find I’m more nervous until I start something then I’m ok . Was the bourdon test paper based ? Do you find out on the day if you passed then ?

I believe I'm the exact same. I felt talking to the other people taking it with me was calming, I understand that some people think it's a competition but the assessor, was good and explained we can all pass. So it's nice to know that you can worse than someone else but still pass.

The 1st stage, everything is paper based, which includes Bourdon. Just before lunch they compiled a shortlist and those that had failed were unfortunately not able to finish the assessment after lunch and were asked to leave. I had to wait until the next day to see if I passed the stage after lunch, as did all the other people at the same stage.

Jonty

I believe I'm the exact same. I felt talking to the other people taking it with me was calming, I understand that some people think it's a competition but the assessor, was good and explained we can all pass. So it's nice to know that you can worse than someone else but still pass.

The 1st stage, everything is paper based, which includes Bourdon. Just before lunch they compiled a shortlist and those that had failed were unfortunately not able to finish the assessment after lunch and were asked to leave. I had to wait until the next day to see if I passed the stage after lunch, as did all the other people at the same stage.

It sounds like there quite accommodating on the day then . Did they give you any idea on stage 2 timeframe ?

Adam_leyland

Well done Adam,

I took the assessment on Monday and failed by 2 marks on TRP part 2.... passed both Group Bourdon and the GLOP memory so was really gutted. I'll try again in 6 months. Does anyone have any images of the part 2 test (dials and pointers) so I can practice or at least see where I went wrong. I'm pretty sure from Monday 1st July only 1 from the 9 went through so pretty tough going !

Thank you Richard,

I'm sorry to hear you failed, I have every confidence that you will pass the 1st assessment, you don't have to do the Bourdon or GLOP on the next try so you can focus harder on the dials.

I just found practicing with the materials the best, just print them out for fresh copies. Or you can get someone to make a set for you, similar to the test, then use that as a practice material.

Adam_leyland

It sounds like there quite accommodating on the day then . Did they give you any idea on stage 2 timeframe ?

Yes they try to make you feel as relaxed as possible, friendly assessors that really want nothing more than for everyone to pass.

We were told that stage 2 assessments are planned for around 18th July, if we don't receive an invitation for that date, they said we will most likely be on the assessments planned in for August.

I am eagerly waiting for an email!

Jonty

That’s good to know . Ha ha well thanks for sharing , one thing I have realised is that you have to be really good at waiting .... ! When did you apply out of interest Adam ?

Timpg

Yes they try to make you feel as relaxed as possible, friendly assessors that really want nothing more than for everyone to pass.

We were told that stage 2 assessments are planned for around 18th July, if we don't receive an invitation for that date, they said we will most likely be on the assessments planned in for August.

I am eagerly waiting for an email!

Think I see you all come out of your stage one tests mate. I was the chap waiting in the waiting area in the black t shirt and denim shorts lol!

Adam_leyland

That’s good to know . Ha ha well thanks for sharing , one thing I have realised is that you have to be really good at waiting .... ! When did you apply out of interest Adam ?

I applied at the beginning of May, I got the email asking if I had passed any of the assessment stages at the end of May, then heard nothing back until end of June.

Some of the others taking the assesment applied as little as 3 weeks ago!

Adam_leyland

Think I see you all come out of your stage one tests mate. I was the chap waiting in the waiting area in the black t shirt and denim shorts lol!

Well I don't mean this the wrong way, but I wasn't taking much notice of my surroundings lol, had my mind focused on the assessment all day lol

Timpg

Well I don't mean this the wrong way, but I wasn't taking much notice of my surroundings lol, had my mind focused on the assessment all day lol

Hahaa!! Yea no worries mate, I understand buddy don’t blame you! I spoke to a couple of you asking how you got on etc, but obviously wasn’t your good self. All the best mate

ratbag

I applied at the beginning of May, I got the email asking if I had passed any of the assessment stages at the end of May, then heard nothing back until end of June.

Some of the others taking the assessment applied as little as 3 weeks ago!

Congratulations. I applied to GA in mid-May and passed the SJT. I then received an email asking "If I had passed any previous stages" at the end of May. Since then nothing. I'm genuinely glad you've passed and on to stage 2.

Jonty

Some of the others taking the assesment applied as little as 3 weeks ago!
I suppose it just luck of the drawer really as to how long your waiting . Is the assessment day a casual affair or is it suited and booted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.