• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevergiveup

Adam, what closest depots did you choose? I think they’re inviting for assessment days based on depots chosen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam_leyland

I suppose it just luck of the drawer really as to how long your waiting . Is the assessment day a casual affair or is it suited and booted ?

Dress smart, I went with suit and tie, I took my tie and Jacket off to feel a little more comfortable. I would take jacket and tie with you, just in case everyone else is in a suit and tie lol.

Adam_leyland

Adam, what closest depots did you choose? I think they’re inviting for assessment days based on depots chosen

I chose Colchester, Clacton, and Ipswich. I got to know some of the guys on the assessment with me, and some had chosen depots on the West Anglian route, and Regional route.

Arthurjack

Same thing here. I replied to the generic email immediately and haven't heard anything since... that was about 3-4 weeks ago now. I'm just going to fi d a contact number and follow up with them.
Did you find out anything when you contacted them ?

Mekiz79

Did you find out anything when you contacted them ?

I used the live chat thing yesterday and the guy I spoke to said he would have to check my scores on the national database and that he would email later in the day....24 hours later, nothing! They aren't very helpful if I'm honest!

Jonty

I used the live chat thing yesterday and the guy I spoke to said he would have to check my scores on the national database and that he would email later in the day....24 hours later, nothing! They aren't very helpful if I'm honest!
Be patient buddy , it took them 3 days to get back to me when I enquired . Hope this helps .

Mekiz79

Be patient buddy , it took them 3 days to get back to me when I enquired . Hope this helps .

Oh yeah that's cool. I just think its daft him telling me he will email me later that day when clearly it wasnt going to happen :lol:

strangemonk

No point contacting opc for the GA sjt. It’s an in house one.

Unfortunately this isn't true, GA do stage 1 In house at Stratford academy however stage 2 including the Pre SJT/ MMI is now at the OPC in Watford so it cannot be internal or by HR.

strangemonk

For anyone waiting to see if they have sent out stage 2 Invites I have my stage 2 SJT and MMI only next week. It has been a 20 day gap between passing resits to enhanced at Stratford to next week.

I had to resit group bourdon and memory test both were easy with practise. GLOP is exact the same from one I did 2 years back.

I only need to do the MMI which I feel is the hardest and biggest hurdle opposed to the dot test or TRP1/2

Timpg

Unfortunately this isn't true, GA do stage 1 In house at Stratford academy however stage 2 including the Pre SJT/ MMI is now at the OPC in Watford so it cannot be internal or by HR.

I think he meant the initial sift after applying

Stigy

Established Member
TOCs can conduct their own MMIs using HR staff. SWR do, or certainly used to.

Lee Saunders

Can anyone recommend any practice material for stage 1? I understand that stage one is GB, TRP1 & 2, TEA-OCC. I passed the SJT on 7th May and still haven’t heard nothing regarding the assessment centre date. Thought I’d better start practicing as I might get the email soon hopefully. I have tried looking at the beginning of this thread as someone said the practice material is there, but it didn’t work for me just spam. TIA

MidlandsChap

Can anyone recommend any practice material for stage 1? I understand that stage one is GB, TRP1 & 2, TEA-OCC. I passed the SJT on 7th May and still haven’t heard nothing regarding the assessment centre date. Thought I’d better start practicing as I might get the email soon hopefully. I have tried looking at the beginning of this thread as someone said the practice material is there, but it didn’t work for me just spam. TIA

Get a GB practice book from ebay. Plenty of pages, suggest filling it out in pencil lightly and you can re use.
I didnt do anything other than the material from GA for the other tests and found them fine.

Lee Saunders

Get a GB practice book from ebay. Plenty of pages, suggest filling it out in pencil lightly and you can re use.
I didnt do anything other than the material from GA for the other tests and found them fine.
I’ve literally just ordered one. Thanks

Nevergiveup

Ah I see, I’ve chosen Liverpool Street And illford but not heard anything since SJT

I chose Colchester, Clacton, and Ipswich. I got to know some of the guys on the assessment with me, and some had chosen depots on the West Anglian route, and Regional route.

Twotwo

Ah I see, I’ve chosen Liverpool Street And illford but not heard anything since SJT

Same, seems like they are prioritising the other depots. To be fair, in the job description page Ilford and Liverpool street were not advertised.....

Mabs

Same, seems like they are prioritising the other depots. To be fair, in the job description page Ilford and Liverpool street were not advertised.....

Both were advertised when I applied and I'm also still waiting.

Archiepayne

Hi everyone just trying to do some digging to find out what stage of the process everyone is at.

I applied for the mainline trainee driver at bishops stortford in the last advert that came out and i was sent an email asking if i had passed any of the exams.

I have passed everything and am currentley in a holding pool with mtr crossrail.

Has anyone heard anything from GA after replying stating that had passed all the relevant exams?

Mekiz79

I am in exactly the same position as you, also in holding pool with MTR, have heard nothing back from GA other than that I have been told I passed the SJT. When I chased up my status on their live chat the other day I was told by Jordan that he would check my results on the database and email me back later that day....5 days later, still not heard anything!

Hi everyone just trying to do some digging to find out what stage of the process everyone is at.

I applied for the mainline trainee driver at bishops stortford in the last advert that came out and i was sent an email asking if i had passed any of the exams.

I have passed everything and am currentley in a holding pool with mtr crossrail.

Has anyone heard anything from GA after replying stating that had passed all the relevant exams?

ratbag

I am in exactly the same position as you, also in holding pool with MTR, have heard nothing back from GA other than that I have been told I passed the SJT. When I chased up my status on their live chat the other day I was told by Jordan that he would check my results on the database and email me back later that day....5 days later, still not heard anything!

Great Anglia and their current recruitment process is a incoherent mystery. They haven't even sent out a generic email, detailing how long a wait you have, despite passing the SJT. For people who chose Liverpool Street and Ilford, it appears positions for these depots are not currently needed. Several people on this forum have had emails asking if they have passed previous stages and have not heard back.

Arthurjack

Great Anglia and their current recruitment process is a incoherent mystery. They haven't even sent out a generic email, detailing how long a wait you have, despite passing the SJT. For people who chose Liverpool Street and Ilford, it appears positions for these depots are not currently needed. Several people on this forum have had emails asking if they have passed previous stages and have not heard back.
I emailed GA and didn’t get a response.

Hi guys. Could someone please help me? I've applied for the trainee driver role 3 times in the last 6 months and have only had 1 email asking about the results of the standard online test. I haven't done any other psychometric tests just yet. Is there a phone number I could call to speed up/get a date to book in for the tests at all?
Thanks for your help guys.
Jay

Oggs

Use the online GA chat, like many others have and they will only confirm if you have passed their online sjt. They will say they will email with dates etc but could take months.

Status
Not open for further replies.