• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

monkeyskillz

I just checked the application score and got an 11. Everyone else seems to be hitting 12's, so thinking I'm fallen at the first hurdle. :(

I’m pretty sure others who scored 10 and 11 got the link to complete the SJE/SJT. I don’t think anyone knows for certain how the applications have been scored so we don’t even know if a higher score is actually better than a lower score. Either way you just need a bit of patience. Especially once you’ve done the SJE then not heard anything for weeks lmao!

monkeyskillz

I am just going on the basis that I also applied for WMT and still not heard anything back from the SJT from that either and that has probably been about 5-6 weeks ago.

That shows how random it is as others on that thread have had their assessment day which is apparently all in house and all assessments done that day. I’d keep faith that no news is good news (no matter how frustrating the waiting is) and in the end it’ll be worth it.

crebbs1

That shows how random it is as others on that thread have had their assessment day which is apparently all in house and all assessments done that day. I’d keep faith that no news is good news (no matter how frustrating the waiting is) and in the end it’ll be worth it.

Yes it is a bit random but I have passed all OPC assessments to enhanced standard so probably won’t hear for some time.

Arthurjack

I think irrespective of what score you get. You still get to do the SJT. I think they will then score the SJTS and set a bench mark pass rate. Anyone at or above that mark will then have their application read and graded. As soon as you send the form online you get an instant score. As such it’s. It has not been read at that stage

B Boy 82

Hi has anyone any idea if Greater Anglia also operate a 4 days on 4 days off rota ?

Lastly anyone know what the salary is after completion of training ?

Many thanks

OneLowban

On the west, Liverpool Street, Bishops Stortford and Cambridge is a 4 day week. The other depots may be changing to it soon too I’m not 100%.

Salary after training on the WEST is £36k + Sundays and then after a year is £50k + Sundays.
Hi has anyone any idea if Greater Anglia also operate a 4 days on 4 days off rota ?

Lastly anyone know what the salary is after completion of training ?

Many thanks

Last edited:

B Boy 82

On the west, Liverpool Street, Bishops Stortford and Cambridge is a 4 day week. The other depots may be changing to it soon too I’m not 100%.

Salary after training on the WEST is £36k + Sundays and then after a year is £50k + Sundays.
Many thanks

Arthurjack

Nothing as of yet mate. Submitted my application two weeks ago.
But I wasn’t expecting anything for a while

Archiepayne

Hi guys just thought i would drop in on the thread. Like so many other i applied for MTR CROSSRAIL was informed i was succesful and put into a holding pool.

I have applied for bishops stortford and ilford and have just completed the 19 questions waiting to hear back.

Danny Seaton

Hi Guys. I have my application and CV ready for this. (I applied for a different role within GA last year) My only question is surrounding the locations. I appreciate you may not be able to answer. But on the vacancies page, the locations are advertised as "Bishops Stortford, Cambridge, Colchester, Clacton and Norwich" But when you actually go into job advert itself, it then reads as Ilford, Southend, Colchester, Clacton, Cambridge, Ipswich, Bishops Stortford, Liverpool Street (West) and Norwich

I am close to Ilford, southend and Liverpool Street. The others are not realistic in terms of commuting... I don't want to apply if this is some sort of typo... Thanks

GavinReynolds

Hi Guys. I have my application and CV ready for this. (I applied for a different role within GA last year) My only question is surrounding the locations. I appreciate you may not be able to answer. But on the vacancies page, the locations are advertised as "Bishops Stortford, Cambridge, Colchester, Clacton and Norwich" But when you actually go into job advert itself, it then reads as Ilford, Southend, Colchester, Clacton, Cambridge, Ipswich, Bishops Stortford, Liverpool Street (West) and Norwich

I am close to Ilford, southend and Liverpool Street. The others are not realistic in terms of commuting... I don't want to apply if this is some sort of typo... Thanks

Hi Danny,

I was confused about this too. I’m not sure if this was a copy and paste from the depot advert as I put Ilford and Colchester and noticed the discrepancy shortly after submitting my form.

Teddyward

Don’t worry about it. I put down ilford and bishops stortford and ended up at Southend. Of note please be aware although the mainline and depot adverts are separate you still could get offered depot from applying mainline.

Cavey81

Is there much of a difference in salary between the two after completion of training?

tempuser

Does anybody know if GA uses the 2 additional OPC tests used by Arriva London? One of them being the computerised VSE. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.