• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-Car-Go

Just received a email informing me that the online assessment I did back in 2019 when job was first advertised has passed its validity, but need to take it again to be considered for the next stages of the recruitment.

Thankfully I got a start date elsewhere. Hopefully the rest of you still waiting will hear some news soon.
I had the same email. It's a bit naff isn't it?! I mean, having done the online assessment, passed it, waited for a year and a half, survived the "Panny-D' apocalypse, to be told you've got to do it again?

I applied to another TOC at the same time in 2019 and started with them this time last year. Have had classroom training and first few mainline hours experience before Covid lockdown put it all on hold. It is an interesting learning experience, you get out of it what you put in. For those still applying, good luck!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

I had the same email. It's a bit naff isn't it?! I mean, having done the online assessment, passed it, waited for a year and a half, survived the "Panny-D' apocalypse, to be told you've got to do it again?

I applied to another TOC at the same time in 2019 and started with them this time last year. Have had classroom training and first few mainline hours experience before Covid lockdown put it all on hold. It is an interesting learning experience, you get out of it what you put in. For those still applying, good luck!

Yeah, been shortlisted today by colas as well, so I’m a wanted man lol

snakeydave24

I got the same email, hopefully, something comes of it, I nearly got lucky with GTR but they weren't happy about travelling time, GA would be ideal for me

S-Car-Go

Is it more likely that it's an automated message or are they still working through the applicants from last time?
The pandemic has slowed recruitment and training down to a snail's pace. Delayed classroom courses, and in my case, delayed mainline handling with my instructor. It may not be permitted to fit 8-10 trainees together in a classroom. So classes of 4 at a time, which doubles the time it takes to train them.

sweatybeaver

Also had exactly the same email asking me to redo the SJT. Surely this application is dead in the water after nearly 2 years? I'm pretty sure it's the website pinging out automated emails and behind the scenes there is bugger all going on and it keeps the hopes up! haha

Ebee

In the meantime waiting for GA, I was accepted by GWR, done my training and due to pass out 9th November. Bit of a joke with GA

MattyL

Also received the same email yesterday which was a surprise. It even shows that i have completed the test back in July last year. Has anyone retaken the test yet?

Sammy2019

I got the same email. Not sure if it’s just an automatic email as the assessments have expired of if there looking to progress us.

blackfrost

I also got the same email, but I'm wondering if anything will come of it after so long I'm still due to do the driver assessment with SE!

TheGoldfish

I got 2 ..1 for depot and 1 for mainline ... at least 2 years old

Prob just automated to keep them gdpr compliant ?

Martin93

I've passed everything, MMI, DMI and the medical. Sadly no courses were available this year.

Yes I've put my application in for this one, so fingers crossed! Thanks for putting the link on here as I didn't get the job alert on email for some reason.
What depot did you apply for at GTR if you don’t mind me asking

Cassy j

Did anyone receive a confirmation email after completing the sjt? and has anyone had a follow up?

MidlandsChap

Just received a email informing me that the online assessment I did back in 2019 when job was first advertised has passed its validity, but need to take it again to be considered for the next stages of the recruitment.

Thankfully I got a start date elsewhere. Hopefully the rest of you still waiting will hear some news soon.
After applying in spring 2018 I passed the phase 1 tests in London November 2018. Still no news on phase 2 tests. Im sure it will be any day now :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Every half year or so I email HR to get their latest story. About time I sent my next email.

Last edited:

Mabs

Has anyone had any updates on this? Redid my SJT a while back and still not heard anything
I cancelled my application as I am now in the waiting list for SWR and I got an email from GWR my assessment will be after lockdown. I work in a ticket office so now I am an internal candidate.

Cassy j

I cancelled my application as I am now in the waiting list for SWR and I got an email from GWR my assessment will be after lockdown. I work in a ticket office so now I am an internal candidate.
Swr seem to be the only company not getting a move on?

Mabs

Swr seem to be the only company not getting a move on?
I had an internal email from SWR a couple of weeks ago that recruitment will start moving again in a few weeks once lockdown is over.

Plus millions of people have now had the vaccine so hopefully things will get back to normal soon within the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.