• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia weekly season

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljajo95

I'll finally be going back into the office on Monday after working from home since April. I need a Weekly Season for Great Chesterford [GRC] - London Terminals, but I'm a bit confused by them (as I usually have an Annual).

The National Rail season ticket calculator gives the price for a Flexitime Weekly Season at £112.20, which I can also find on BRfares. The Flexitime (restriction LE) is fine for my purposes, as I intend to travel on the 0804, arriving LST at 0920. But on the Greater Anglia website, I don't seem to be able to buy a Flexitime Weekly; Flexitime Monthlies and Annuals are available, but the only Weekly is the non-flexi one at £120.30, which has more validity than I need.

So my question is this: does the Flexitime Weekly actually exist? And if so, how do I buy it? (GRC is unstaffed.) I want to save the £8.10 if I can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eljajo95

The £112.20 is available to purchase on the Southern railway website.
Is there a ticket machine at GRC where you could collect it from ?
Oh thank you! (What a ludicrous system we have, that I can't buy it from the operator of the train I'll be using, but I can from a different one...) There is indeed a machine at GRC so I will collect it there - assuming it works on Monday morning, which in my experience is by no means guaranteed. I would have preferred to have it on my existing Greater Anglia smartcard, but as it's only a week I'm happy to use paper.

That's my practical question out of the way, but it makes me wonder why I couldn't buy it from Greater Anglia? Here is the page showing it as "Not Available".

Status
Not open for further replies.