• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasont

I had my medical 2 days ago, and verbally have been told which depot I will be stationed at. Does anyone know the start dates for the courses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theking

Congrats fella what job did you get? I might apply for the trainee train drivers they are advertising for.

If it was could you let me know how the application process went? And what assessments they conduct.

DD

I had my medical 2 days ago, and verbally have been told which depot I will be stationed at. Does anyone know the start dates for the courses.

27th April, might be worth to give HR a ring to ask them if they have sent out your contract of employment.

scally

Hi

I'm thinking of applying myself and would also appreciate any info regarding the different type of assessments they do?

If successful, are you actually on a train driver course? I'm probably being thick but was unsure when I looked at their website and read the info about the vacancy.

Finally, does anyone know the salary for train driver with Greater Anglia once fully operational?

Many thanks.

jasont

I have been offered a post at chingford depot, I am aware that there is a start date in April but unable to make that date. They mentioned that there will be one in June also.

With regards to tests I did my assessments on January last year when it was NXEA, they then lost the franchise so I have been on hold for over a year. So the tests may have changed a little and that would include managers also

Last edited:

theking

I have been offered a post at chingford depot, I am aware that there is a start date in April but unable to make that date. They mentioned that there will be one in June also.

How were the assessments?.

jasont

Assessment were fine, they take no prisoners. You have to concentrate. On the say I did mine only 3 out of 30 got through.

robby p

West anglia depots are currently on a basic of £39,004, not including location allowance/overtime/Sunday's etc. GE and Anglia depots are on slightly higher I believe.

mindthedoors

I'm still waiting for a medical appointment. My managers interview seemed to go well. Congrats to you! On the day of my assessment there were 12 of us, 6 of us went through to the structured interview. IF I get the job then i'd be starting the same time: April 27th

I'm pretty sure Southend has its own depot, the other main ones for the metro are Ilford, and Gidea Park.

qwertyuiopeter

New forum user here - seriously considering applying for the Greater Anglia trainee driver position (if I do I'll have to hand-deliver the application today - aware of this before anyone mentions it). I've actually already passed the assessments at a FGW assessment day, so hopefully would not need to do them again.

Just wondering (and this may be a stupid question) where the Chingford depot is? Is it on the same site as Chingford station (well, immediately next to it), or somewhere else?

slick

It certainly is! You wouldnt think it but theres 110+ of us based there! Although the facilities would make you think otherwise.:roll: Weve also got 9 stabling roads, a wash road and 3 platforms.

CUB331C

Hiya Slick,
I'm surprised there are so many staff based at Chingford!
I didn't realise it was such a large operation.
Are there any guards based there or is it all doo work?
All 315 units im guessing?... which roads do u sign?
Cheers then!

Last edited:

slick

Hiya Slick,
I'm surprised there are so many staff based at Chingford!
I didn't realise it was such a large operation.
Are there any guards based there or is it all doo work?
All 315 units im guessing?... which roads do u sign?
Cheers then!

West Anglia is completly DOO. As a chingford driver you sign:

Traction

Class 315
Class 317
Class 379

Routes

Liverpool Street - Chingford
Liverpool Street - Enfield Town/Cheshunt via Seven Sisters
Liverpool Street - Hertford East
Liverpool Street - Stansted Airport/Cambridge
Liverpool Street - Seven Kings including Ilford TMD. (All lines)
Stratford - Coppermill Jnc via Temple Mills (Including High Meads and Orient Way Sidings)
Tottenham South Jnc - Seven Sisters via South Tottenham.

Scotsman87

West Anglia is completly DOO. As a chingford driver you sign:

Traction

Class 315
Class 317
Class 379

Routes

Liverpool Street - Chingford
Liverpool Street - Enfield Town/Cheshunt via Seven Sisters
Liverpool Street - Hertford East
Liverpool Street - Stansted Airport/Cambridge
Liverpool Street - Seven Kings including Ilford TMD. (All lines)
Stratford - Coppermill Jnc via Temple Mills (Including High Meads and Orient Way Sidings)
Tottenham South Jnc - Seven Sisters via South Tottenham.

Hey Slick

Do you know anything about Cambridge depot, and what traction is used there and the routes operated? Thanks in advance.

slick

Cambridge, bishops stortford, and chingford drivers all sign the same traction.

Cambridge drivers sign exactly the same minus stratford to seven kings and plus Cambridge to Kings Lynn. We all drive over the majority of each others patches. But obviously the majority of jobs will be based around that location. ie Chingford mainly cover Enfield/Cheshunt/Chingford services, Bishops stortford mainly cover airport and stratford services, and Cambridge mainly cover Cambridge to london services. Hertfords are distributed mainly between Chingford and Stortford. But we all have some jobs that have us far from our depots.

For example. This week I have a job that is Pass from chingford to london, Work 3 return trips to stansted airport with a break in bishops stortford, and finally pass again to chingford from london. During that turn I dont ever drive over anywhere near my depot. Jobs can vary.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CUB331C

Thanks for all your information-all very interesting.
I did actually think a Chingford driver would only work the branch but the route card is actually pretty large isn't it.
There's me thinking it would be like Harrogate depot with only te one route to pass!
Cheers

BEF7439

I've got an assessment day tomorrow for the role of Customer Relations Advisor with GA (at Norwich Station). Does anyone know what to expect?
Very nervous but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.