• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Manchester Railtours - Sat 2nd June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil6219

Hi,

As Y'all may know tomorrow (Saturday) should be a traction packed day for all, at least in the North West. With 4 tours passing through Greater Manchester.

The DRS Boat Train is running from Glasgow to Southampton via Preston & Stockport.

RTC's "The Hadrian" is running from Leicester to Hellifield then over the S&C. It's top & tailed Class 47s up to the S&C then 46233 takes over before being replaced by the 47s for the return.
Steam portion timings listed here timings
The Duchess is running light engine and those timings are included at the bottom of that link.

Statesman Rails "Settle & Carlisle Statesman" is running from Newport (Gwent) to the S&C with 47580 & 47854.

Finally Deltic 55022 "Royal Scots Grey" is running to York from Didcot on "The York Flyer" It will pass through Warrington Bank Quay, Eccles and Manchester Victoria on the outbound leg. The tour takes a different routing on the return journey.
Timings for all legs of the tour plus ECS and Light Engine moves can be found on the RSG website via this link Link to RSG Website for timings

Does anyone happen to have the timings for the boat train, the statesman trip and the diesel legs of the Hadrian to add?
(I can no longer get onto the usual timings website - Nevatt's I think it was called, due to some problem at my end)

I've got a busy day of chasing tomorrow and naturally timings acre crucial :D

Is anyone on these tours or chasing them too?

Phil 8-)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dggar

Saw 71000 with one support coach pass through Manchester Victoria about 13:55 today going from east to west. Is it involved in anything coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.