• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greatest Pass:Stop ratio for stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What stations has the highest Pass:stop ratio?

Not sure if there's a thread about this already, if there is, feel free to link or delete this.

What I mean by Pass:stop ration is for example.

For every hour, 10 trains pass through the station without stopping while only two call. Therefore that would be a pass:stop ratio of 5:1.

Hope you understand what I mean. So what stations has the highest pass:stop ratio? I believe Faygate has a relatively high one, also Battersea.

I could guess the information would be hard unless there are programs and sites that do tell you what trains are due to go through the station stopping or not.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Master29

Established Member
Personally Lawrence Hill in Bristol could be one of the top no stoppers. I`ve sat in the Lidl car park for an hour and I could count as many trains as that and none seemed to stop.

Polesworth, on the WCML. One train calls per day Northbound.
I make that 357:1*

*based on Amington Junction (a couple of miles north, all trains that pass through one theoretically also pass through the other, but is also the nearest place I could find that showed all trains), Assuming all trains that are scheduled on realtime trains actually run (Including WTT, VAR and STP), including all passenger and freight trains in both directions.
**I only counted because I am really bored and currently have nothing better to do with my time

rower40

Pilning has to be 'up there'. Everything through the Severn Tunnel passes, but only one train per week calls.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Apart from the usual suspects of Teesside Airport, Reddish South, and Denton that all have one service every 7 days, some limited service stations that have trains that call 6 or 7 days per week I have detailed below.

Doleham - 1 or 2 trains call in both directions Mondays - Saturdays
Cooksbridge - Limited calls
Ivybridge - Daily limited service
St Budeaux (Great Western Railway station - unsure which one is Ferry Road and which is Victoria Road) - Early morning and late afternoon/early evening calls only Mon - Sat
Moston - Despite being on the Manchester & Leeds Railway (Lancashire & Yorkshire), this only receives a call every 60 minutes on Mon - Sat. All other trains pass through.
Trafford Park/Humphrey Park, and Flixton/Chassen Road - Despite being on the Cheshire Lines Committee route via Warrington Central, these stations have a frequency of every 2 hours and alternating between the pairs on Mon - Sat. No Sunday service. All other trains pass through.
Beaulieu Road - Limited calls on Mon - Fri, but unusually increases to every 60 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays.
Buckenham - 1 train in each direction on Saturdays, every 2 hours Sunday daytime. No Mon - Fri service.
Broughty Ferry - irregular service daily. No traditional Intercity services calls here.
Balmossie/Monifieth/Barry Links/Golf Street - Monifieth has 2 or 3 trains in each direction Mon - Sat. Balmossie, Barry Links, and Golf Street has one train that calls in each direction Mon - Sat. No Sunday service. No traditional Intercity services call at these stations.
Mussleburgh - Drem inclusive - every 60 minutes Mon - Fri and Sundays, Saturdays every 30 minutes. No traditional Intercity services call at these stations.

There are probably plenty of others that I have either forgotton about, or have escaped my mind.

Requeststop

St Budeaux (Great Western Railway station - unsure which one is Ferry Road and which is Victoria Road)

Easy way to remember. Ferry Road is on the line that "Ferries" you across to Cornwall over the bridge.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Within London, Angel Road will be one of the leading contenders, but nowhere near the likes of Pulling. Also, if all the STAR and Crossrail plans come to fruition it'll go from its current off-peak service of 0tph to 16-20tph

Status
Not open for further replies.