• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Green 117 To Leave WSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
The "green" DMU will leave the line in early January, being commandered by the owners, 275 Squardron of the Territorial Army, for use elsewhere. There is to be one more chance to experience WSR travel on this 3-car DMU. On Saturday 2 January 2006, a Farewell Special will leave Minehead at 11.10am and travel to Norton Fitzwarren. Then departing Norton Fitzwarren at 12.50pm for Minehead and then a run back to Norton Fitzwarren leaving Minehead at 2.50pm. There seems to be no return from Norton Fitzwarren on this last trip. Fares, for this Special only,are £3 for a single journey and £6 for a return or rover, with no concessions. Applications for tickets in advance to WSR Operating Dept, The Railway Station, Minehead TA24 5BG and also available on the day. Many thanks to the Operating Department for listening and taking action...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Coxster said:
There seems to be no return from Norton Fitzwarren on this last trip.

I assume by that they mean there will be no return trip to Minehead (?), as there is no station at Norton Fitzwarren. It would have to run back to Bishops Lydeard at the very least, to let the passengers off!

Coxster

Established Member
Seth said:
Coxster said:
There seems to be no return from Norton Fitzwarren on this last trip.

I assume by that they mean there will be no return trip to Minehead (?), as there is no station at Norton Fitzwarren. It would have to run back to Bishops Lydeard at the very least, to let the passengers off!
Yeah, but I can't quote the what the source hasn't provided! I suppose they could always spend a few years trainspotting from the front as you can see the mainline from the point (although binos will be needed for the numbers ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.