• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Green Deltic at Willesden this evening, 24/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I was quite astounded as I was heading out of Euston on the 17:23 to Wolves this evening, to notice that we were overtaking to my right a BR green liveried Deltic slowly approaching the south end of Wembley yard. It was rising up from the link leading in from the West London Line - The plumes of exhaust gave it away even before I saw it!

Can anyone tell me which Deltic it was, and what it was up to? I thought that Royal Scots Grey was presently the only mainline registered Deltic, and to the best of my knowledge, that loco currently carries BR blue?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Wow, that was an astonishingly rapid response! Many thanks for your thorough and informative answer :)

I feel quite pleased to have seen D9009's first run back on the main line, I remember seeing the loco out and about back in 2002/03.

trainspotter

I am parked up for the night in my truck just next to the fence , I was not sure wot I was from the distance till it came on to sight!!!! Last time I saw a deltic on the main line was over Brum at Saltley depot in the 90s I have a small video of her taken tonight! How good
It will be I dont know till I get home and put it on the pc!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.