• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greetings from the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

Hello. My name is Leonard Wilson. I'm a 27 year old from New York City. Ever since I watched the BBC series on the London Underground, I've been obsessed with the Tube. London is a beautiful city. I plan on visiting one day. I've taken pictures of many famous attractions in the United States, including Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, Coney Island, the Washington Monument, and the White House. I will post all of those pictures when I have the time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Minilad

Established Member
Welcome to the forum although as a Met fan I'm not sure about the user name !!
Must admit the NY Subway is one of my favourite rail systems. Love the concept of express and local subway trains

Established Member
I've been to New York a few times but didn't really take many pictures of the Subway - but that is a good excuse to go back and take some more! By co-incidence I was on holiday when the Redbirds were retired, but didn't get a chance to travel on one. I might try and see if I can get over for the opening of the 7 line extension next year.

LE Greys

Established Member
Only ever been there once, end of June 2010 (which I remember as very hot and very humid in a hotel room with broken air-conditioning). My memory of the Subway is, very hot, very confusing. Was never sure where anything was or where the trains were going to stop, but I'd probably have got the hang of it after a week or so. I intend to go back one day, probably in October or so to avoid the heat.

As for the rest, I had a very nice run down from Oakville on the Maple Leaf, so all the way in via Buffalo and Albany, where I ran out of film before seeing the engine change :( . Then headed up the coast to Boston, and got a lovely sweeping view over the whole city on the way out, although I don't know the exact route the Acela takes, any idea where I was?

Status
Not open for further replies.