• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grids are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I have just updated my site with photos from the 56301 move from Brush works Loughborough. This being the first 56 in over 2 years to run on the mainline under its own power.

31129 Arrives at Brush for back up
ygaqnb.jpg

Both Locos Running: 31128 and 56301 Exit Brush
ygaqnj.jpg

They wait for the signal to join the MML
ygaqn4.jpg

The first 56 to run under its own power in over two years heads the wrong way out of Loughborough in the rain.
ygaqnx.jpg

They come back to get the other side of the signal in order to depart up the correct line for the EVL
ygaqnk.jpg

The driver shows what the grid can do as it comes past at speed heading for Doncaster.
ygaqnc.jpg

I have uploaded more photos including: 60059, 67025 hauling 377 and 43008 without a cab in other collections from http://wayfarer.fotopic.net
http://images.fotopic.net/ygaqnj.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
I didn't know they'd withdrawn them! Could have sworn I've seen some around in the near past at Decoy (but might be mistaken - you can't see much from the top of a number 72 bus whizzing past)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
grids.... they are the most beast loco's ever imho! it's hard to think how long ago it has been now since I used to hear them roaring from a standstill and newport godfrey road... those were the days!

Jordy

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
grids.... they are the most beast loco's ever imho! it's hard to think how long ago it has been now since I used to hear them roaring from a standstill and newport godfrey road... those were the days!

Will never forget them thrashing away through Barnetby, pulling a heavy coal train up from Wraby junction, reminds me, I must upload some videos of them at Barentby, I have loads!

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.