• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Group Stations file

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintonian

Established Member
Has anyone got a copy of the group stations file? I ask as it seems the link on ATOC's website currently seems goes to the easements file which isn't all that useful when you want to see the members of a group.

I'm particularly interested in Portsmouth group ATM.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Try this link here.

Portsmouth Group stations are :

Bedhampton
Cosham
Fareham
Fratton
Hilsea
Portchester
Portsmouth Harbour
Portsmouth & Southsea

wintonian

Established Member
Try this link here.

Portsmouth Group stations are :

Bedhampton
Cosham
Fareham
Fratton
Hilsea
Portchester
Portsmouth Harbour
Portsmouth & Southsea

Cheers, I forgot about Bedhampton.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If Portsmouth as a routing point (RP) fails the fares check does that then prevent you from passing through the group or just the RP, i.e. can you still take the direct Southern service between Cosham and Bedhampton?

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
The fares check rule is used to identify the appropriate Routeing Points for a place, it does not prevent you from travelling via that place (despite what one of the examples in Section F says) if it is on a permitted route to and from an appropriate Routeing Point.

A Routeing Point Group is treated the same as a Routeing Point.

wintonian

Established Member
The fares check rule is used to identify the appropriate Routeing Points for a place, it does not prevent you from travelling via that place (despite what one of the examples in Section F says) if it is on a permitted route to and from an appropriate Routeing Point.

A Routeing Point Group is treated the same as a Routeing Point.

Ah ok, I thought if a RP failed the fares check then you werent allowed to pass through it even after passing through an appropriate RP, obviously I'm wrong and you can.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
It should also be noted that through trains and the shortest route are always following a permitted route.

wintonian

Established Member
It should also be noted that through trains and the shortest route are always following a permitted route.

Yes but only the shortest/ through trains from origin - destination

I was looking at a flow with a very wide range of mapped routes and a faild fares check on one of the 4 RP's. involved ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You are travelling from station X to sation Y, station X is associated with RP A, Station Y is a RP.

The fare from X- Y is any permitted

However the fare from A - Y is either route reading, route not London or route London

Only the route Reading fare passes the fares check

Does that then mean that valid routes from X - Y must go through Reading and avoid London?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.