• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Groupsave ticket on Southeastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

hozza94

My further maths class (yes it's further maths) is heading to London for a lecture day in London this Tuesday. After some brief research the train we are getting is the 0921 Staplehurst - CHX. So in our class we have 12 students plus the teacher, but I just can't find out the correct price (off-peak return). Would anybody know the price or just the Southeastern's discount? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

£36.80 for a Groupsave-4 Off Peak Day Return from Staplehurst to London (so £9.20 per person). 3 of these tickets for 12 people comes to £110.40. You'll also need a 13th ticket which is £18.40 for an adult, but if you can get a student who has a 16-25 Railcard to get the 13th ticket with the teacher being on a Groupsave ticket, then that comes down to £12.15.

John @ home

Established Member
How many are under 16 on the day of travel?
How many are 16 but under 17 on the day of travel?
How many are 17 but under 26 on the day of travel?
How many are 26 but under 60 on the day of travel? Of these, how many are full-time students?
How many are 60 or over on the day of travel?

Do any have a Family & Friends Railcard with their name as one of the cardholders?

Do any have another Railcard? If so, which?

island

Veteran Member
John @ home's questions are useful, although many also depend on holding railcards costing £28 a pop.

The total cost is likely to be £128.80 and the tickets can be bought at the station on the day.

Finally, on a point of pedantry an off-peak return isn't valid for this journey as it's only valid after 0930. An off-peak day return is fine, however, as for this journey it's valid arriving at London after 1000.

hozza94

Yep we do have a 16-25 railcard in the group. She lives in the south west so trips going home ain't cheap for her if she hasn't got a railcard. Anyway I am getting one this week as I live oversea and trips to various uni are likely next year.

The class is an AS class.

island

Veteran Member
In that case the price is knocked down to £122.55; 3× Groupsave 4 and 1× Y-P discount. Minimum fare doesn't come into play.

rdwarr

They're not really going at all. The teacher obviously told them they were so that working out the fare could be homework.
(Yes I know further maths has nothing to do with sums really)

hozza94

HAHAHA... no I just need to ensure that everyone would have enough money on Tuesday.
(well people in school knows I am a train spotter, so any kind of embarrassment should be avoided :lol:)
And yes we still deal with sums: summation series!

Status
Not open for further replies.