• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

gtr/1404

Status
Not open for further replies.

pafff

Hi guys,
I applied for the trainee train driver position GTR/1404. The vacancy description said: "Location: Great Northern - South Routes". Does any of you know which depot is it for? Does it ever happen that even though the recruitment is for Great Northern the drivers could be allocated to other GTR brands? (Southern, Thameslink or Gatwick Express?)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PhoenixBC

Sorry, I can't answer that, and I have applied for the same, after not getting through the sift stage with my previous application GTR/1326 for Southern.

I had to cross ref. this on my application for GTR/1404 but they didn't ask me to do another OPC Test. Is this because I had already recently done the OPC test for my previous application and that they wouldn't aask me to do it again?

Or do you do an OPC test for every application that you make?

ninhog

Hi guys,

I applied for the trainee train driver position GTR/1404. The vacancy description said: "Location: Great Northern - South Routes". Does any of you know which depot is it for? Does it ever happen that even though the recruitment is for Great Northern the drivers could be allocated to other GTR brands? (Southern, Thameslink or Gatwick Express?)

I believe you'll stay as a Great Northern driver if successful. I don't think you'll move across the different brands.

PhoenixBC

hi all,
just wondering who out there have had progress with gtr/1404 with great northern?
i applied on the 6/3 but still no reply.

cheers.

dth

Is it me or is it starting to sound like if you get through to the next stage they tell you and if you are unsuccessful they don't? Never say never I guess but as time goes on it does make you think, or over think!

I applied, did the online test and I'm still waiting an outcome.

dth

The only thing to do I guess is to contact them. I must admit I'm very new to this and I don't have any other experience with applying to train companies so I can't say of this is normal or not. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to tell you what the norm is.

Need2

The only thing to do I guess is to contact them. I must admit I'm very new to this and I don't have any other experience with applying to train companies so I can't say of this is normal or not. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to tell you what the norm is.

Don't worry, it is the norm to wait months before hearing anything!
I applied for GTR at Gillingham in June 2016 and didn't hear a thing until February this year.
I start my training in May :D

dth

Don't worry, it is the norm to wait months before hearing anything!
I applied for GTR at Gillingham in June 2016 and didn't hear a thing until February this year.
I start my training in May :D

Thanks for that Need2. And good luck for your training next month!

Need2

Just had a look at my application timeline.

Applied June 26th 2016
Invited for 1 assessment 27th Jan 2017
DMI interview for 21st Feb (email received 15th Feb)
Notification of DMI success 24th March (appt' for medical 5th April)
Confirmation of job offer and contract sent after medical 5th April
Job start 8th May

So, it took 6 months and 1 day to hear anything at all.
Then only took just over 2 months (1 assessment, 1 DMI and 1 medical) to get my start date.
Wait patiently for the surprise email.
Happy Easter guys.

Last edited:

the MM

need2, thanks for the post. did you get into contact with them during that 7 month wait? through the communications panel on your account dashboard on gtrailwaycareers.com?
i sent them a message, but they haven't communicated back for about 2 weeks now. it was only a small message asking if i had missed important emails. i like to keep track of things you see.

Need2

need2, thanks for the post. did you get into contact with them during that 7 month wait? through the communications panel on your account dashboard on gtrailwaycareers.com?
i sent them a message, but they haven't communicated back for about 2 weeks now. it was only a small message asking if i had missed important emails. i like to keep track of things you see.

Not a thing, if anything changes on your careers dashboard then you'll be notified by email at almost the same time. Sometimes the email is quicker!
I too sent a couple of emails via the email on the career dashboard (the "thank you we have received your application" one) and heard absolutely nothing back at all.

GTR are having what seems like a massive recruitment campaign at the moment and are probably snowed under with work and, in my experience in applying for a drivers job then patience is the key. They will get round to you.
Just be patient, if you can't then give recruitment a ring at Go Ahead House in Croydon.

Bristol VRIII

Sorry, I can't answer that, and I have applied for the same, after not getting through the sift stage with my previous application GTR/1326 for Southern.

I had to cross ref. this on my application for GTR/1404 but they didn't ask me to do another OPC Test. Is this because I had already recently done the OPC test for my previous application and that they wouldn't aask me to do it again?

Or do you do an OPC test for every application that you make?

Duplicate

Last edited:
hi, earlier in june than that, but not wanting to 'jinx' it, no actual date....once i've passed however, i will shout it from the rooftops !

james123

I've been hovering around this site for a while and thought it rude not to create an account and say hi. I'll no doubt see some of you on Tuesday 20th! Just to forewarn you though, there is no parking at Go Ahead House, local parking is about £13 a day. May be prudent to use the trains!

Garyhobbs

I've been hovering around this site for a while and thought it rude not to create an account and say hi. I'll no doubt see some of you on Tuesday 20th! Just to forewarn you though, there is no parking at Go Ahead House, local parking is about £13 a day. May be prudent to use the trains!

If possible try and use the train ticket they provide, should be in the attachment with the practise documents.

james123

If possible try and use the train ticket they provide, should be in the attachment with the practise documents.

Thanks, I'll use it to get home (apart from underground) but I'm travelling down the day before so will have to travel down at my own expense.

Sugarpuff

Yes mate, checked it , nothing at all, applied on the 12th Mar - heard nothing since the online test. Kind of hoping that as I've passed the psychometric test with Southern already they'd be in contact..That hope is starting to shrivel into the abyss ... :cry:

Garyhobbs

Yes mate, checked it , nothing at all, applied on the 12th Mar - heard nothing since the online test. Kind of hoping that as I've passed the psychometric test with Southern already they'd be in contact..That hope is starting to shrivel into the abyss ... :cry:

Maybe once we have done the assessment center and they roll out the next stage they will inform you as you have completed that part already.
Finger crossed for you.
Good luck.

Worth ringing HR?

Bristol VRIII

Hi mate I'll be there on the 20th too, staying at the Easyhotel night before as travelling from Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.