• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gtr Cambridge Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rachael92

Can you apply for this role if you are waiting in a talent pool for Cricklewood? Just a lot closer to me

Branston

Hey,
Does anybody know when they ask about applying in the past 6months and been unsuccessful, is this just win GTR or with any other TOC?
Thanks in advance

Polar

Can you apply for this role if you are waiting in a talent pool for Cricklewood? Just a lot closer to me

I would just ring up hr and say your interested in being considered for cambridge as well. No need to apply if your already in talent pool.

Rachael92

Hey Rachael did you bother with FL in the end?, I've just applied for this with GN
Hello, I withdrew my application in the end, decided to stick with GTR. Ah good luck with it, just ask if you have any questions as I went through the process early this year.

Bristol VRIII

Hello, I withdrew my application in the end, decided to stick with GTR. Ah good luck with it, just ask if you have any questions as I went through the process early this year.

Cool thanks Rachael, can you remember the MMI questions you were given pls? I should only have to do the MMI as passed DMI and tests last yr

Bristol VRIII

Thank you for the response. Seems my fat fingers trying to register on my phone to do the application on the PC later have ruined my chances anyway! Unless HR work over the weekend before the closing time on Sunday?!

I've done that before mate in the end I registered again using a second email address and it was fine

Paul Lane

You beauty! Worked a treat
Hi, i had the same problem, i was doing the application last night and i accidentally put i was under 20! So it locked me out and said i cant apply. How did you create another log in account as when i do that despite putting another email address in it still asks for your name and consequently is still locking me out?

Paul Lane

Ok thanks
Hi Rachel, hoping you can help, was doing the application last night and on the first page i accidentally put i was under 20 so it obviously declined and it has locked me out permanently. Any idea on how i can get round this, i have tried setting up as a new user with different email but when i put my name it says its already registered! Any help would be appreciated, why do these things happen at the weekend when the closing date is monday??! I have sent an email to GTR HR but not sure when or if they will read it....

Paul Lane

I've done that before mate in the end I registered again using a second email address and it was fine
Hi mate, i am having the same issue, how did you register again as when i put a different email it still asks for your name and locks you out?! Cheers

Branston

Hi, i had the same problem, i was doing the application last night and i accidentally put i was under 20! So it locked me out and said i cant apply. How did you create another log in account as when i do that despite putting another email address in it still asks for your name and consequently is still locking me out?

I just put in a different email address and it all worked fine. I had clicked the wrong one for the commute and had I applied within 6months.
Really hope you can get it sorted to get your application in on time

OneLowban

Hi mate, i am having the same issue, how did you register again as when i put a different email it still asks for your name and locks you out?! Cheers
Try clearing internet browser cache or using another browser/pc.

Val3ntine

Hi Rachel, hoping you can help, was doing the application last night and on the first page i accidentally put i was under 20 so it obviously declined and it has locked me out permanently. Any idea on how i can get round this, i have tried setting up as a new user with different email but when i put my name it says its already registered! Any help would be appreciated, why do these things happen at the weekend when the closing date is monday??! I have sent an email to GTR HR but not sure when or if they will read it....

The thing about emailing them is I am not sure they will assist for an error like that, the reason being is they have actually set those questions up on purpose if you realise the yes and no tick boxes are in different positions sometimes, they’re already at this early stage looking for if people pay attention to detail or get stuck in repetitive movements without concentrating hence the strict “sorry you cant complete this form” as soon as you click the wrong thing instead of just simply letting you go back and change it. Its kind of like a mini assesment already.
Hope you find a way around though and good luck with your application, I just wouldn’t pin your hopes too much on recieving a positive reply from HR.

Paul Lane

I just put in a different email address and it all worked fine. I had clicked the wrong one for the commute and had I applied within 6months.
Really hope you can get it sorted to get your application in on time
Putting in a different email address doesnt work for me, just says its a duplicate registration, looks like im stuffed?!

JMH77

The thing about emailing them is I am not sure they will assist for an error like that, the reason being is they have actually set those questions up on purpose if you realise the yes and no tick boxes are in different positions sometimes, they’re already at this early stage looking for if people pay attention to detail or get stuck in repetitive movements without concentrating hence the strict “sorry you cant complete this form” as soon as you click the wrong thing instead of just simply letting you go back and change it. Its kind of like a mini assesment already.
Hope you find a way around though and good luck with your application, I just wouldn’t pin your hopes too much on recieving a positive reply from HR.

Unfortunately I have missed out on this one as I was on holiday and didn't have access to my cv and couldn't compose an application letter in time but did start the application procedure before I realised this. I definitely agree the questions were arranged deliberately like that for the reasons you state. Just goes to show you have to be extra vigilant from the word go. I wonder what percentage of applications get whittled down through this kind of thing.

JRR

Anybody that works at the GTR Cambridge depot, can you tell me what routes they do, rest day pattern, earliest start and latest finish time etc, and any other information about working their really.

Polar

20180906_165503.jpg

2 links Brighton and Maidstone although brighton one is barely implemented and Maidstone is a pipe dream currently. So currently all sign kings lynn to kings cross and hertford loop. Cambridge is a good depot, work is mixture of stoppers/fasts/semi to kings cross, kings lynn. With class 700,387 and 365s stock. All new starters will have to commit to working 12 Sundays a year but you get to choose which ones and can get other people to work them for you.

JRR

Thanks!! That’s really helpful.

Gives me an idea what the shifts are like, some crazy ones in there, which I expected.

Do they still do taxi’s for unsociable hours? And what’s the car parking like in Cambridge?

Think those are the only questions I’ve still not found answers too, been reading through lots of stuff on these forums for months.

Thanks again though!

Polar

Thanks!! That’s really helpful.

Gives me an idea what the shifts are like, some crazy ones in there, which I expected.

Do they still do taxi’s for unsociable hours? And what’s the car parking like in Cambridge?

Think those are the only questions I’ve still not found answers too, been reading through lots of stuff on these forums for months.

Thanks again though!

Free parking at cambridge with a permit plus parking at 2 other stations. Yep taxi agreement still in place. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.