• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gtr Cambridge Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marvin1979

I didn’t hear anything after my successful assessment so I chased up HR. It turned out my name had simply been missed off a list and had I not queried it, I would have been forgotten!
Oh I see. Where are you upto with it now?

Donnadwb

Hi, can any current drivers help me with some information about the routes, is Brighton being implemented yet? And any other useful information about the line, routes etc. Thanks

Wilko5816

Hey Donnadwb, yeh am currently a driver at Cambridge for GTR. There’s currently 2 links, a Brighton and a Maidstone link. Most drivers in the Brighton link now sign all the way to Brighton, with the remainder route learning very soon. The Maidstone link are waiting out until maybe end of this year maybe next for route learning to start. All Cambridge Driver currently sign Cambridge to Kings Lynn, Cambridge to kings Cross on the main line and the divert via Hertford. Traction we currently sign are 700, 387 and 365, however we hardly ever drive 365’s nowadays.
Hope this helps

Donnadwb

Hey Donnadwb, yeh am currently a driver at Cambridge for GTR. There’s currently 2 links, a Brighton and a Maidstone link. Most drivers in the Brighton link now sign all the way to Brighton, with the remainder route learning very soon. The Maidstone link are waiting out until maybe end of this year maybe next for route learning to start. All Cambridge Driver currently sign Cambridge to Kings Lynn, Cambridge to kings Cross on the main line and the divert via Hertford. Traction we currently sign are 700, 387 and 365, however we hardly ever drive 365’s nowadays.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the information, I have an interview coming up and I’m just trying to get a bit more info about the line. What time is the earliest start and the latest finish please, thank you.

Wilko5816

Hey, no worries, any questions just ask. The earliest sign on is a Brighton link job at 0428 and the latest start time is a night job at 2308.

Marvin1979

has anyone progressed at all with this application? I had an MMI over the last couple of weeks and am currently awaiting the results, although it doesn't sound like there will even be a position available anytime soon

Jadey

Has anyone heard anymore on this at all? I completed my assessments and MMI. Last time I spoke to recruitment they said they had no more courses at the moment.

Marvin1979

Has anyone heard anymore on this at all? I completed my assessments and MMI. Last time I spoke to recruitment they said they had no more courses at the moment.
Exactly the same situation Jadey, appears it was all a waste of time

Polar

Courses do appear to have dried up but I'm sure they will come around again soon. We certainly dont have enough drivers currently and theres quite a few retiring so be patience and positive. Hopefully something will come up soon. It took several years for me and had just about given up!

Marvin1979

did anyone else get an email from HR? said no courses for the foreseeable including q1 next year...

Jadey

Good Afternoon,
Was wondering if anyone who applied for this role at Cambridge in 2018 ever got offered a course after passing the assessments & interviews?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.