• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR online assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rwalk365

Have you guys given them a call to chase up? Keep positive, I'm sure they will call soon with good news.

Called a couple of weeks ago and they said they'd be in touch by now, so going to wait until Friday and chase up then. Probably the most frustrating recruitment process

George999

Called a couple of weeks ago and they said they'd be in touch by now, so going to wait until Friday and chase up then. Probably the most frustrating recruitment process

Fingers crossed for you mate. When I was at my medical they said they were so busy with new drivers at the mo, plus they still have existing drivers medicals to carry out. I think due to the validity period of the medical they don't want to put people through and then have to do it again if they can't assign a course straight away. Keep positive mate, I don't think they'd let you get this far if they didn't have the spots available it's just a time consuming process and the biggest recruitment campaign they've done.
Let me know how you get on when you call them on Friday.

rwalk365

Just rang up, regarding gtr/1403. She said that there's definitely no more courses for this year. And that next available courses would be next year, but couldn't give a time frame. She was quite abrupt about it all too. So looks like some of us will have to wait a bit longer. I'm sure they could go about they're recruiting a little better. In the mean time I've applied for the southeastern Faversham pool so hopefully they'll need drivers soon.

Inamberclad

She was quite abrupt about it all too.

I imagine it's really busy there at the moment and they're probabay trying to do the day job whilst fielding a load of calls! Hopefully we'll have something in writing soon, even if it's just to say we're on hold until the new year.

rwalk365

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for patience while you have been awaiting news regarding a course start date for Thameslink Kent Depots. As you are aware our network is undergoing some huge changes, including the opening of new Depots and the reducing of recruitment into existing Depots. As for Thamelink Kent Depots at the moment we have meet the required numbers needed for 2017, the next Driver Courses will be required in 2018. We will be in touch with you when the next campaign starts.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Just got this emailed to me, so all full for this year. Hopefully, they'll stick to their plans and will recruit again next year, and hopefully around the same time as this year, hoping it'll be quick turnaround as I've passed everything already.

rwalk365

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for patience while you have been awaiting news regarding a course start date for Thameslink Kent Depots. Unfortunately we are unable to provide start dates for Thamelink Kent Depots currently, as you are aware our network is undergoing some huge changes, including the opening of new Depots and the reducing of recruitment into existing Depots. We should have further information to provide to you by the end of February 2018.

Kind Regards,

An update of not really an update.

Walrus

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for patience while you have been awaiting news regarding a course start date for Thameslink Kent Depots. Unfortunately we are unable to provide start dates for Thamelink Kent Depots currently, as you are aware our network is undergoing some huge changes, including the opening of new Depots and the reducing of recruitment into existing Depots. We should have further information to provide to you by the end of February 2018.

Kind Regards,

An update of not really an update.
Having been on GTR training for a couple of months now, I can tell you that details are very much up in the air about existing drivers moving, when depots are opening, and all that jazz, so I'm quite impressed they're at least remembering you're in the system and keeping your hopes alive :) fingers crossed they get some more concrete details soon

wizzyfirefly

hi I've just applied to the east anglia area and have an invitation to sit GTR1.. pleasew could you give me the heads up on what I need to know

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.