• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR online assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

trump

Hi all, seems GTR are working quickly with their recruitment, had my DMI on Tuesday found out I'd passed on the next day, onto the MMI in a couple of weeks, I believe will be a bit tougher. Anyone else had their interviews yet?

Isn't the MMI on the second assessment day and the DMI is on the third assessment day?

Thats what I am expecting for GTR 1404. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Hey trump I was down croydon yesterday for 1404 we had the paper tests I passed and there and then end of day was given a date and time for computer tests with sjt and wct and mmi too hope this helps buddy

trump

Hey trump I was down croydon yesterday for 1404 we had the paper tests I passed and there and then end of day was given a date and time for computer tests with sjt and wct and mmi too hope this helps buddy

Congrats Baz. Tough day wasn't it.
Yes I got the same at the end of the day. I was just confused as rwalk356 said they had the DMI then the MMI.

When are you doing the next one in Watford? Mine is Monday 26 Jun.
A bit of poo came out.. gonna have to get prepping for it!

Cheers.

trump

Mine was Monday 12 Jun.
Need to nail the next one now.. wish me luck.

Bristol VRIII

Ah I got to know/went to lunch with a guy from peterborough he stayed in the hotel overnight too mate. Right tips is hard as I kind of realised yesterday it almost certainly is a natural ability thing. I practised the dots like mad day before I was averaging 9 lines the trainability type things first was memory and you got a passage to read and then study for 5 minutes then got multiple choice answers on the text so for example say the text said

you are travelling on a road and the speed limit is 60 miles an hour
when coming upto a junction you will have markers that are white lines
on a black background marking 300 hundred yards then 200 yards then 100 yards.

its then taken away and all your notes etc and you are left with just the answer paper each answer has 4 choices and might say what was the speed limit a.20
b.35
c.60
d.50
Thats it you choose the right answer (hopefully) the text is more involved than that and longer ours was on glop I dont know if yours will be and I dont know if they ask different questions or change the different answers so say if on my test a was 60 maybe d will be 60 on your paper. I reckon they are done in such a way so no one can tell anyone else the answers and they dont tell you which you got right and which you got wrong or how many they either pass you or fail you mate

Many Thanks bud :)

baz962

Established Member
the dfft was more intense 6 components not 4 and two train cars and you have to find upto at least two faults

the MM

baz962, i was at croydon 16th. i passed and was over the moon. i was the 2nd to get called in so i didnt know if you all made it, but i bloody hoped you all did! was a hard day wasnt it mate. im in watford on the 5th july. good luck for the 4th.

trump

well done trump. how many of you made it to the end on monday? wasnt nice seeing people leave!

Hey djsmith200,
Thanks.. Was really tough. Were you there same day?
Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to everyone out of the 22 that started.

Yeah was pretty brutal the way they sent people home.
There was 7 of us that made it in the end. Just need to nail the rest of them now.. eeeeek! :roll:

baz962

Established Member
not 2nd after bourdon etc 2nd after dfft I take it which one was you lol

djsmith200

Hey djsmith200,
Thanks.. Was really tough. Were you there same day?
Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to everyone out of the 22 that started.

Yeah was pretty brutal the way they sent people home.
There was 7 of us that made it in the end. Just need to nail the rest of them now.. eeeeek! :roll:

only 7?! good effort. yeah was there but only needed to do the DFFT so was waiting most of the day for that!

the MM

yeh, 2nd after dfft. i was the young guy with suit and blue tie. which one was you?

baz962

Established Member
I was in red shirt I was talking about this forum and I said you were the one who's eyes were popping after the dots lol

the MM

i remember you, nice one for passing it. yeh i think all our eyes were popping out of our skull. do you know if they all made it in the end?

baz962

Established Member
Hi mm I think I was last to be called I was there till end everyone passed the normal tests after lunch 2 failed dfft by 1 question but that test isnt part of the 2 strikes its a great northern or govia thing only so they only need to do that again with govia or can go to another toc so not too bad yea good luck on 5th to you mate. Where you from

Inamberclad

Just found out I passed my MMI. Medical hopefully around mid July and then a start date after that :)

Thanks to everyone on here who has provided help and answered questions.

baz962

Established Member
Hi inamberclad I got my second assessments and mmi next tuesday, well done how did you find it all how long was the process for you

Inamberclad

Hi inamberclad I got my second assessments and mmi next tuesday, well done how did you find it all how long was the process for you

I applied back in March I think and got the questionnaire quite quickly. There was a bit of a wait for the assessment centre invite and I booked it for about six weeks later to give me plenty of time to prepare (I could have booked it much earlier). It's been fairly speedy since then with a couple of weeks between the assessment and DMI and DMI and MMI.

The MMI for me was the most grueling part (I've been interviewed by six people panels in the past which were easier!). My advice for anyone having the MMI is do not make things up or lie, they will catch you out.

I found the assessment centre fairly easy to be honest and the computer tests were the most daunting (the rest of the tests you have at least some idea of how you have done and the DFFT you have the answers in front of you, you just have to find them!).

Good luck with the rest of yours. The best bit of advice I can give is to relax but be prepared.

Last edited:

baz962

Established Member
ah ok cheers I am worried about mmi most but not going to lie I have started to come up with many examples so hopefully its more about communication and showing you did positive stuff without panicking IM not too worried about computer tests so if I pass next week should be quickish to dmi then medical you think mate

Demonbarber

Hi, I passed the first stage of assessments last week (paper ones) and was wondering if anyone knows how long it took till you get booked in for the next one (computer based ones) as they didn't have a date for me at the end of day one and said they would be in contact. I'll s been a week now so not sure if I should contact them soon?
Thanks

baz962

Established Member
I got my date for computer tests at end of first day and it was two and a half weeks between both

Inamberclad

Hi mate
When was your MMI? Have you had the call to book your medical yet?

Morning,

My MMI was last week. HR said they would call me in a few weeks to arrange the medical as I need to give three months' notice for my current job.

rwalk365

I had my MMI on Monday, told me if I'm unsuccessful I'll receive an email within an hour and if not then I've passed, and would have to wait a week to arrange a medical. No email received, but it's torture, refuse to get excited yet until I get the phone call and the medicals passed

Inamberclad

I had my MMI on Monday, told me if I'm unsuccessful I'll receive an email within an hour and if not then I've passed, and would have to wait a week to arrange a medical. No email received, but it's torture, refuse to get excited yet until I get the phone call and the medicals passed

That's an unusual and risky way of doing things IMHO. I've never been told that if I don't hear anything by a certain date I've passed, but I am unfamiliar with the railway! Mine was a definite 'you'll hear either way' but congrats on passing.

Yes the waiting is torture, even though I know I've passed the MMI! So close to the end and now it's all out of my hands as far as the medical goes - I can't research or prepare for the medical.

When did you have your assessment centre? I'm just wondering if any of the people that passed with me are still in the process. They were a good bunch of guys and girls.

Last edited:

George999

When did you have your assessment centre? I'm just wondering if any of the people that passed with me are still in the process. They were a good bunch of guys and girls.

I think we may have been on the same assessment day. Just done my MMI and awaiting the result now. I was told the same about the email within the hour, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I've got solid confirmation. Congrats on passing yours though mate

Status
Not open for further replies.