• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Outboundary Travelcard - can today's ticket be used tomorrow on TfL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbulb

Hello all,

I bought a Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard with DSB railcard in advance for travel today from Luton (£11.80), but given today's advice from Thameslink not to travel, wish to use it tomorrow. According to Thameslink, tickets dated today will be accepted for travel tomorrow, but will the Travelcard part of the ticket be valid for travel on TfL and other operators within the zones (who may not have issued instructions to accept tickets)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Hello all,

I bought a Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard with DSB railcard in advance for travel today from Luton (£11.80), but given today's advice from Thameslink not to travel, wish to use it tomorrow. According to Thameslink, tickets dated today will be accepted for travel tomorrow, but will the Travelcard part of the ticket be valid for travel on TfL and other operators within the zones (who may not have issued instructions to accept tickets)?
I don't expect it will be valid on TfL (at least not without a lot of hassle). You should just get a fee-free refund then buy another one for tomorrow - though I appreciate it will be more expensive.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Yes, you can get a fee-free refund and then buy a new travelcard. You can get a super off peak card in the week now can't you, subject to tighter time restrictions? Maybe the price will be the same if you can work around them?

Otherwise, if you're slightly out of pocket, I think the extra money will be worth it for a (hopefully) normal day and no 'will I get home?' thoughts all day.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The weekday super off peak is more expensive than the weekend version.

I would not expect a hassle free journey tomorrow. Depending on what you plan to do when in London it might be better to use today's ticket to travel to and from London and use contactless or Oyster for travel in London.

lightbulb

The weekday super off peak is more expensive than the weekend version.

I would not expect a hassle free journey tomorrow. Depending on what you plan to do when in London it might be better to use today's ticket to travel to and from London and use contactless or Oyster for travel in London.

Thanks Hadders, that sounds like the best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.