• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Passenger Host ( Thameslink) Blackfriars or Three Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveo43

Good evening all,

I hope that everyone is keeping well? I just wondered if anyone knows what the salary is for the above role and what the contracted hours are, eg 35/37/42 hour working week and if Sundays are in our outside of this? Can anyone also please confirm if the Passenger Host role is the equivalent to the old Revenue Protection officer/Inspector roles? I have seen the advert for possible future positions for the above. Many thanks for your time in advance any information will be much appreciated. I'm currently Revenue Protection with SWR. I'm possibly thinking of a change. Thanks again in advance for your time. Good luck for anyone who applies.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Good evening all,

I hope that everyone is keeping well? I just wondered if anyone knows what the salary is for the above role and what the contracted hours are, eg 35/37/42 hour working week and if Sundays are in our outside of this? Can anyone also please confirm if the Passenger Host role is the equivalent to the old Revenue Protection officer/Inspector roles? I have seen the advert for possible future positions for the above. Many thanks for your time in advance any information will be much appreciated. I'm currently Revenue Protection with SWR. I'm possibly thinking of a change. Thanks again in advance for your time. Good luck for anyone who applies.
From what I remember, I believe the old grade of Revenue Protection Inspector became the new grade of Passenger Host with the duties remaining largely the same.

They can support gateline assistants at any station that has gatelines by carrying out revenue blocks eg ensure everyone has a ticket and dealing with repeat fare evaders by taking their details to either issue a penalty fare or issue MG11s for prosecution, they can also sell tickets if the situation warrants it or work on the trains, usually pre Covid they worked in teams of two onboard doing revenue protection.

joshuan542

Yeah as mentioned above is what they do, salary is currently about £34,000 and sundays if I remember are included, it’s a pretty baseline salary with not many enhancements, expect it to be more if you go to Blackfriars as you will receive approx £3000 extra for London weighting

Status
Not open for further replies.