• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

W230

Established Member
All TL Depots sign all core TL routes (Bedford-Brighton and Wimbledon loop) plus 7oaks (not sure if Brighton do?). Different depots sign different bits for diversions.

As stated, all depots do Brighton - Bedford.
Blackfriars and Bedford also sign Blackfriars - Sevenoaks (via Swanley/Otford and via main).
All depots do Wimbledon/Sutton loop.

Diversionary routes include South London lines via Tulse Hill & Norwood Junction, Wallington lines via West Croydon, Brighton Mainlines via Selhurst (Streatham to East Croydon), mainline via Redhill (avoiding Quarry lines), Victoria to Bromley South via Chatham mains, Crystal Palace single via Birkbeck (Blackfriars depot only), East Croydon to Herne Hill via Clapham Junction/Factory Junction (Brighton only). Brighton also sign Wivelsfield - Lewes - Brighton as a diversionary.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EazyGuy

wow, they're fast...I guess I'll know either way by the end of the day then.

332 > 444

Oh ok, submitted mine yesterday but I am still anxious!

So it seems like there is a selection of dates you can choose from, what days does it spread to/from?

Last edited:

Sirgerbil

I didn't hear anything either, although my situation is slightly different. In theory if I pass the application form, I'd be straight on to DM interview as I have my enhanced passes already.

332 > 444

Do you remember how many questions you answered on Each of the tests, just TRP 1 & 2 and the DFFT to score an enhanced pass?

Sirgerbil

Do you remember how many questions you answered on Each of the tests, just TRP 1 & 2 and the DFFT to score an enhanced pass?

I answered all questions in both TRP. DFFT I finished 14 and started 15. But people were getting through with 11 and they required an enhanced pass for next stage.

387star

On Moderation
Lol! good question :p

The first trp is understandable and easy to complete all questions but that second one (dials) had loads of questions for the time allowed (forget how many) and though I took longer than. I should have done on one question of the DFFT (made an error. I had to correct) if. I maintained my earlier speed. I would have probably completed 11/12 but 14/15 is doubtful

Everyone different I guess !

I passed about nine (?) on the D fft and passed with greater anglia who required enhanced passes for my other assessments which I met as. I did not need to retake them however different operators have different score requirements

Last edited:

theking

In trp2 there's 42 odd questions in either 7 or 8 minutes.

To complete that's answering a question every 11 seconds constantly over the 8 minutes.

The most anyone answered in my session was 24 really can't see how someone could do them all properly.

Unless you timed yourself and used the last 20 seconds to put random answers.

Last edited:

Sirgerbil

Apologies, I actually forgot about the dials. I was refering to tones and Glop. Dials I got about 20 then as said above marked a few random as your not marked down on them for incorrect.

387star

On Moderation
Apologies, I actually forgot about the dials. I was refering to tones and Glop. Dials I got about 20 then as said above marked a few random as your not marked down on them for incorrect.

Think I got 18 on dials ang got enhanced pass with AGA

Out of interest on the dfft if you continue after question ten are the questions harder or do they vary with some very easy again? Presumably you don't get penalised for missing a question?

Last edited:

W230

Established Member
Out of interest on the dfft if you continue after question ten are the questions harder or do they vary with some very easy again? Presumably you don't get penalised for missing a question?
When I did mine (which was admittedly a few years ago now) I seem to remember the questions getting harder/more complex as you progressed. Seeing as a right answer was only ever going to be worth one mark, I was glad i'd concentrated on the earlier ones instead of making a guess. I don't think you would be marked down for incorrect answers on this one though.

I think I got to 11 or 12 when I did it. There were maybe 20 questions.

I think on the dials maybe I got about 30. Nowhere near the 42! :lol:

387star

On Moderation
When I did mine (which was admittedly a few years ago now) I seem to remember the questions getting harder/more complex as you progressed. Seeing as a right answer was only ever going to be worth one mark, I was glad i'd concentrated on the earlier ones instead of making a guess. I don't think you would be marked down for incorrect answers on this one though.

I think I got to 11 or 12 when I did it. There were maybe 20 questions.

I think on the dials maybe I got about 30. Nowhere near the 42! :lol:

Do you get points for half a question answered on the dfft?

Sirgerbil

Do you get points for half a question answered on the dfft?

Nope. Not from what I remember.

And yeah they definitely got harder as you went on. First 5 were all same difficulty but then after they got more complex.

387star

On Moderation
Nope. Not from what I remember.

And yeah they definitely got harder as you went on. First 5 were all same difficulty but then after they got more complex.

Hmm interesting I passed it wondering if greater anglia bothered with enhanced score on this particular test I remember being disappointed how far I got when I realised. I put two faults the wrong way round in terms of priority..

What is funny is I'm successful with FGW waiting for offer with them and they didn't require this however they do require written communication test but they said it wasn't a problem I hadn't done it as it wasn't a 'core' test (passed my assessments with freightliner who also didn't require dfft)

Status
Not open for further replies.