• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattle

I applied on Tuesday 21st evening and haven't heard back, however my friend applied on Monday 20th and heard back Thursday night inviting him to assessment centre next week.
Have you heard? When did you apply?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I applied on Tuesday 21st evening and haven't heard back, however my friend applied on Monday 20th and heard back Thursday night inviting him to assessment centre next week.
Have you heard? When did you apply?

Snap! I also submitted on the 21st

Sgiot

Emailed GTR and got a very quick reply basically thanking me for being patient but saying that due to receiving so many applications that I still might not hear anything for another week . Seems if you got your application in by Monday evening you've been processed and if after that, you're waiting.

Sirgerbil

Emailed GTR and got a very quick reply basically thanking me for being patient but saying that due to receiving so many applications that I still might not hear anything for another week . Seems if you got your application in by Monday evening you've been processed and if after that, you're waiting.

You seem to have hit the nail on the head there. I'm a Tuesday as well.

They seem quite poor at communication also compared to other TOCs.

EazyGuy

I suppose the better question is, anybody applied Tuesday or later and received a reply yet?

Sirgerbil

I wonder....those that haven't heard anything are you hoping for thameslink? Wonder if they are doing great northern first.

l0c0m0t1ve

I wonder....those that haven't heard anything are you hoping for thameslink? Wonder if they are doing great northern first.

It does seem like they are doing Great Northern first. Couple people on here been given that including myself.

EazyGuy

I think it's kind of ridiculous that a few hours difference in getting an application in can make such a huge difference, they obviously just process on a first come first serve basis even though they could potentially be ignoring much stronger applications...

Last edited:

332 > 444

I'm just waiting patiently, I applied on the last day so I have no hope of a response before you, just hope they don't spring it on me as I will need to book leave from work. If anything I will have an application ready for any other nearby TOCs (barring Crossrail)

I think it's kind of ridiculous that a few hours difference in getting an application in can make such a huge difference, they obviously just process on a first come first serve basis even though they could potentially be ignoring much stronger applications...

Last edited:

W230

Established Member
On the face of it (and based on what i've read on here) that seems to be the case....if that is true then i think its a bit of a farce
Get used to railway recruitment. :lol:
1) It moves at a snail pace. 10 days without hearing anything - 10 months normally would be good! ;)
2) It doesn't make any sense.
3) They may have already reached their quota of applicants. If you have 500 applicants for 8 jobs then waiting for another 500 doesn't really make any sense even if one might be stronger...

Get used to railway recruitment. :lol:
1) It moves at a snail pace. 10 days without hearing anything - 10 months normally would be good! ;)
2) It doesn't make any sense.
3) They may have already reached their quota of applicants. If you have 500 applicants for 8 jobs then waiting for another 500 doesn't really make any sense even if one might be stronger...

Last edited:

W230

Established Member
I get that. What I don't understand is why have a closing date if all you're going to do is trail the first initial 500 or so. Why not close when they have reached the number they need? Wouldn't that save people wasting their time with applications?

See 2) above.

332 > 444

Finally got a response, basically saying they will keep my application on file then it says "we would like to confirm you have booked a place at the Assessment Centwe on.times.. we look forward to meeting you then?

They also sent the same email about 5 times. Anyone else got the same?

Sirgerbil

Finally got a response, basically saying they will keep my application on file then it says "we would like to confirm you have booked a place at the Assessment Centwe on.times.. we look forward to meeting you then?

They also sent the same email about 5 times. Anyone else got the same?

No contact number for them? Seems odd.

Sgiot

Yep exactly the same.
First email said : ".....invite you to the assessment centre.....etc etc, but no date or info.
Second, third, forth, fifth and sixth emails all said : "...... due to the large response we've not even looked at your application this time but we'll keep it and be in touch"

I won't hold my breath
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Seems weird that if you sent your application Monday evening you were fine but a few hours later on Tuesday morning and it didn't even get looked at ?

Treadstone

Seems like they only needed some for the first wave of recruitment and selected in order of date applied, makes sense, hopefully they need a lot more.

-------------------------

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your recent application form with regards to Trainee Train Driver. We received a very high volume of applications and have not been able to shortlist and review them all at this point in time in order to ascertain whether you qualify to be invited to an assessment centre. However, please note that we will keep your application to be considered for future assessment centres and contact you accordingly. You will be pleased to know that we do have a large volume of Trainee Train Driver recruitment planned for this year.

I would like to thank you for your interest in the Trainee Train Driver role and GTR.

Regards,
The GTR Recruitment Team

Last edited:

Sgiot

Yeah, I agree and hopefully they'll be good to their word and keep us on file for later on in the year. Still felt a bit miffed as I had a good few minutes where the only email that I had received was :

Dear ,

We would like to confirm you have booked a place at the Assessment Centre on at , .
We look forward to meeting you then!

Regards,
The GTR Recruitment Team

Shunter44

keep faith guys, its a long process and im sure they are mega busy. im starting later this month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.