• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0c0m0t1ve

Finally got a response, basically saying they will keep my application on file then it says "we would like to confirm you have booked a place at the Assessment Centwe on.times.. we look forward to meeting you then?

They also sent the same email about 5 times. Anyone else got the same?

My friend received the exact same thing.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
keep faith guys, its a long process and im sure they are mega busy. im starting later this month :)

Nice one! which depot? sorry if you already said :p
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
yeah, fun day starting with a 5am train from manchester to london :)

Good luck! when you get to the interview stage be sure to mention this to show how committed you are :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shunter44

im going to be based at Bedford :D but it sounds like i need to be in london a lot. good luck to everyone.

johndaniel007

Hi, is there anyone who went for their assessment today, if so what did you have to sit as i received a letter today saying am sitting the first stage with consist of Group bourdon test,trainability rules,dfft and tea-occ.

Pls let us know what to expect as i have mine tommorrow and is there parking space if not can i walk from the train station to the venue.

Goodluck to us all :)

Bobbybox

I'm up Friday mate their is NCP parking but will be expensive and from Moorgate it's a five minute walk

WDS2015

I'd practice hard on the group bourdon chaps it's the one that culls most. There's a download tool on the net that can help

Hi, is there anyone who went for their assessment today, if so what did you have to sit as i received a letter today saying am sitting the first stage with consist of Group bourdon test,trainability rules,dfft and tea-occ.

Pls let us know what to expect as i have mine tommorrow and is there parking space if not can i walk from the train station to the venue.

scaper28

What you said are the only tests you will sit (stage 1)

Started on time with about 27-30 people, but of introduction plus some q&a, group bourdon and trainability rules were done then let everyone go while they marked them. Small lunch is provided about 12:15 at about 1 pm (2 hours after finishing the tests) they let people know who didn't make it go.

Did the tea-occ then about 45 mins (more people than expected passed the last stage). Let people who failed go. Did the final test dfft Then another 45 min to hear back. If you pass you are invited to stage 2 (dates ranged from 11-14th of May couldn't choose but can ofc swap between people on the day / call them)

Finished the day at about 17 something didn't really pay attention. About 13-15 people made the cut.

No idea about parking but old street tube station is 4 mins walk from the office so easy enough to get to. Good luck to others taking this tomorrow and the next day. And thank you everyone who has offered advice on the progress really helped.

It is a long day.....

Last edited:

Bobbybox

Was the test a lot different to the ones in the practice material that they sent out

Garyjames1701

Started on time with about 27-30 people, but of introduction plus some q&a, group bourdon and trainability rules were done then let everyone go while they marked them. Small lunch is provided about 12:15 at about 1 pm (2 hours after finishing the tests) they let people know who didn't make it go.

Did the tea-occ then about 45 mins (more people than expected passed the last stage). Let people who failed go. Did the final test dfft Then another 45 min to hear back. If you pass you are invited to stage 2 (dates ranged from 11-14th of May couldn't choose but can ofc swap between people on the day / call them)

Finished the day at about 17 something didn't really pay attention. About 13-15 people made the cut.

No idea about parking but old street tube station is 4 mins walk from the office so easy enough to get to. Good luck to others taking this tomorrow and the next day. And thank you everyone who has offered advice on the progress really helped.

It is a long day.....

It sure was a long day! Congrats chap, and to the rest that made it! I'm stuck at Hitchin as my train was terminated early due to plastic on the overheads at Biggleswade, and that was a GTR train!

scaper28

Was the test a lot different to the ones in the practice material that they sent out

The group bourdon is just how it is on this site. Or if you google it. The others I would say so. There is more complexity to most for example the dfft has 6 things to look for an a lot of interconnected criteria but is very similar.

My advice is make sure you are happy with the practice stuff and you should be fine. And make sure you actually practice the dot test not the crap they give you :)

johndaniel007

It is a long day.....

Thanks for the advice, i will catch the train probably better even though it will cost £64 from where am coming from return, i just hope i pass it sounds hard than i thought lol. does it matter how we dress as am just wearing a shirt and trouser.

scaper28

Thanks for the advice, i will catch the train probably better even though it will cost £64 from where am coming from return, i just hope i pass it sounds hard than i thought lol. does it matter how we dress as am just wearing a shirt and trouser.

The MMI is on the 2nd day so if you don't want to go the full 9 yards, smart casual would be fine tbh. thought there was a representative from GTR at the assessment so make of that what you will.

ibrahim9140

I have done my assessment today at 6th May 15. I will advice people to work better on group bourdon test as GTR has got high standard and they don't accept national standard please make sure you concentrate on speed and accuracy.

Garyjames1701

Guys as long as you listen to the instructions and put in 100% concentration you will be fine. Just make sure you know what you're doing before you start the tests. Group Bordon test isn't difficult providing you print out your own practice sheets and go over them at home - do this as often as you can. The hardest thing I found was the DFFT - you get about 43 trains to diagnose faults on, but you will only diagnose around 10 - 15 so don't be disheartened, just work methodically through the fault finding instructions. Also, you will be solving up to 2 faults from a locomotive and a carriage.

The multitasking test with the tones and telephone directory is pretty easy. All you're doing is circling any matching pairs of symbols on a false telephone directory whilst counting single tones, I found the test with just the tones alone to be harder as there are two different pitches and the go pretty fast!

Good luck to all of you attending :) I'm awaiting my stage 2 on 12th May!

johndaniel007

Just done mine, did not make it through but i did not fail the assessment i took, i just did not meet their score standard in one of the test so have been told i can apply to other train company, assessment is not that hard, just ask question if you do not understand before the test start. Am just gonna start surfing for other trainee driver to see who takes me on. Good luck to everyone yet to take it.

johndaniel007

Not really to be honest. just ask if you do not understand a example before the test start and they will explane it to you.

ibrahim9140

Just done mine, did not make it through but i did not fail the assessment i took, i just did not meet their score standard in one of the test so have been told i can apply to other train company, assessment is not that hard, just ask question if you do not understand before the test start. Am just gonna start surfing for other trainee driver to see who takes me on. Good luck to everyone yet to take it.

Group bourdon?

A-driver

Established Member
How Much do fully qualified GTR earn?

Pay deal in progress at the moment. With competition from LOROO & Xrail they have admitted they want a detainment package so this may be a fairly good pay deal. Although there are numerous hurdles regarding terms and conditions first.

Garyjames1701

Pay deal in progress at the moment. With competition from LOROO & Xrail they have admitted they want a detainment package so this may be a fairly good pay deal. Although there are numerous hurdles regarding terms and conditions first.

Is it true that if you work Sundays you're looking at about 51k per year?

Bobbybox

Well pleased on to stage 2 assessment,tough day today with all the waiting around.
Also good luck to everyone else

DriverToBe

Hi, to anybody who took their stage 1 on the 08/05/15, what dates did you get for your stage 2?

Good luck to everyone who's waiting to do stage 2.

zones1-6

I attended stage 1 on 06/05, I was given 12/05 as my stage 2 day but can't make it so have to call HR tomorrow to try and reschedule. When is yours drivertobe?

Status
Not open for further replies.