• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DriverToBe

I attended stage 1 on 06/05, I was given 12/05 as my stage 2 day but can't make it so have to call HR tomorrow to try and reschedule. When is yours drivertobe?

I'm waiting for a DMI, should imagine it will be once everyone has done stage 2

Robcuk

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm the location where the first assessment takes place please - I've seen Moorgate mentioned?

Thanks

scaper28

Can anyone go into detail about how stage two was thanks

So 9am start with short into talk then you do the 3 computerised tests
30min grey square
12 min street image (tick if x y z are present in the image)
6 mins (10 times the image) of the 2hand coordination

You get to practice each for a bit before you do the test. overall tests were ok as with stage 1 speed and accuracy

This is done in a row. Then you do the personality questionnaire (whatever it's called) untimed thought should take 25 mins unless someone takes one hour (teehee) then you answer the 6 questions which will form the base of the mmi.

Told if you passed or not. If you did you are told your time for the mmi. Mmi takes about an hour to 1:15. After that you are free to go. Hear back between 5-10 working days though sooner is likely.

Hope that answers your questions, shorter day than the stage one though you don't get to know if you pass the mmi for a while :(

Last edited:

scaper28

How did you find the computerised test?

Thought I did fairly badly on the 2hand coordination test due to it jumping out of bounds a lot. But the other 2 I felt like I aced them. In the end passed all 3. Other people didn't feel confident on other parts of the test but also passed so guess they feel harder than they are.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
looks like they are telling people the day after the assessment, just passed stage 2 now the wait for the final interview hope it isnt too long. GL everyone else

scaper28

How did you find the MMI?

found it fairly hard, hardest part by far imo thought i just related everything back to what i think the role/skills needed by the train driver eg safety and stuff like that which must of been what they were looking for i guess. lots of how do you feel about this, which was the hardest part and lots of repetitive questions.

jonthetaxi

there's plenty of car parks, if you do well and stay all day it works out £15, you'll pay less if you go home early

l0c0m0t1ve

Good luck to all you guys. Hope you hear back soon.

For those who passed the second stage - it took 5 weeks for me to get a date for the DM interview, so be patient - it will happen. I had my stage 2 assessment on March 26th and the DM interview wasn't until April 27th! After I passed the DM interview, the medical was May 12th and start date isn't until June 1st.

Long old process but well worth it. :D

Polar

For those who passed the second stage - it took 5 weeks for me to get a date for the DM interview, so be patient - it will happen. I had my stage 2 assessment on March 26th and the DM interview wasn't until April 27th! After I passed the DM interview, the medical was May 12th and start date isn't until June 1st.

Long old process! Up until recently alot of us waited years between interview and getting a start date! Good luck anyway

Garyjames1701

I'm awaiting a DM interview after passing stage 2 and my MMI on the 12th May. Compared to the Police which took me 9 months all in all it's going very quickly, but as stated I now have a potentially long wait ahead for the DM interview. The only issue for me is giving notice for my current job, ideally I would need 3 months notice to take a career break rather than leaving which requires 1 months notice.

Good luck to us all though, the job is getting closer to becoming a reality! :)

Are you starting with GTR chap?

Bobbybox

Hope so mate he did say 7 days but should be quicker like torture waiting though lol
Stage two passed just gotta wait for dmi

mikey_1966

What questions are asked on the DMI?
What questions were asked on the DMI?
Hi Gary. Can you list some of the questions that were asked on the DMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.