• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Southern rejecting Delay Repays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Hi all. First off I am not personally affected by this but am asking more out of a mix of kindness and shear desperation on behalf of people who post in the Southern Rail sufferrers group on Facebook which I and at least 1 other member of the forum that I know about are members of.

There is never a week goes by when someone doesnt post in the group about having a valid delay claim knocked back, usually because the opperaters customer service dept say no train opperated at that time. As many of these claims are for camsled trains then of course it didnt opperate although a check of the TT suggests it was ment to. If it takes me only a moment or 2 to check why cant they?

Anyhow what really got me going this week was someone who has had a claim submitted after the security alert at East Croydon the other week rejected multiple times for broadly similar reasons. I would love to see these people given some help as the same FB group also contains storys of jobs lost, young people black marked for lateness at colledge/school, relationships ruined, stress, depression and other issues and it is starting to upset me as I try my personal best to help those in the group, as I say purely out of kindness.

Can we as a collective help them out? Maybe even if one of our ticketing experts joined and posted in the group to help those of us non experts already trying our best??

Cheers for reading a somewhat desperate post.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bubieyehyeh

Its happened to me and it does beggar belief. I have been tempted to ask if they have heard of something called a timetable when resubmitting.
It you resubmit the claims you often get it looked at someone with a clue the next time. Though the worse case I had was three rejections.
I included links from recentraintimes website for the trains in question in a complaint that fixed that particular case.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Shouldnt be needed though IMO. A lot of people in the group have reported getting responses along the lines of claim rejected as no train ran at that time. Ur, well, thats exactly the point isnt it? The passenger is claiming for a delay caused by a train that exists in a timetable not running on the day and therefor delaying them!

Status
Not open for further replies.