• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR ticket office changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
I'm sure the next step will be unmanned gates, rather like the massively reduced staffing at some supermarkets for self/auto checkouts. They'll all be checked remotely.

Those who can't operate the gate will likely speak on an intercom, or have to wait for assistance, and that will be considered acceptable (just as at my local Tesco, I can wait ages because one person has to deal with age verifications, random security checks, and other issues all at the same time) because they can still be opened in an emergency - either by the public and/or via sensors.

A great chance for more cuts.

Let's face it, the only safe jobs in the railway looking forward are driving jobs. And I'm sure people are still looking at how we might go driverless one day.
Surprised they don't have an intercom at Guildford for the back entrance. They put one in at Haywards Heath when that got gated.

Perhaps South West Trains are not interested in intercoms and GTR or as it was then, Southern, are.

Haywain

Veteran Member
If there is a data protection issue, then the majority of TOCs will be in breach through keeping a season ticket database.

island

Veteran Member
A season ticket database is justifiable under the Data Protection Act as data is maintained for valid purposes such as to facilitate the reissue of lost tickets. Excessive data is not taken up (for example passengers are only required to provide name and address, not date of birth, phone number, email, etc.)

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Errr.... there were notices up at Epsom recently saying that 23.59 last night 13th was the deadline? ie that all submissions had to be in by the 14th.

lev441

Errr.... there were notices up at Epsom recently saying that 23.59 last night 13th was the deadline? ie that all submissions had to be in by the 14th.

That was incorrect, as per the auto-response I got a couple of minutes ago.

Thank you for registering your comments about how we plan to operate our busier stations. This consultation closes at 00:00 hours on 15.03.16, after which time your comment will not be included.

We will collate all responses, as well as those from London TravelWatch and Transport Focus, to publish a summary of the feedback, and our responses once the consultation period closes.

If your message is related to anything else please contact customer relations:

Southern - [email protected]
Thameslink - [email protected]
Great Northern - [email protected]

If you would like to find out more about our plans for the future visit our websites.
http://www.southernrailway.com/
http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/

philjo

Established Member

All of the posters I saw at various GN stations stated the closing date was the 14th. Maybe they issued the GN consultation a day later than that at Southern stations?

craigy68

Hi guys ...

I'm new to posting (I've been happy to be an invisible reader for many years :D)
so please accept my apologies if posted in the wrong area/place.

I've just been reading through (and not for the first time:roll:) my TOC's 'plans' on ticket office closures/reduced hours/station hosts and in the literature found the following:

*Denotes ticket offices that do not currently have reservations as a condition of Schedule 17.

Could anyone explain to me what that means ?

Many thanks

Craig

craigy68

Original plans 'shelved' ... However, GTR now propose to reintroduce their proposals slowly through a ‘soft launch’ at some stations.

island

Veteran Member
Certain stations are relieved of the normal obligation to sell all ticket types from at least a majority of ticket windows, and those stations are relieved of the obligation to issue reservations or sell tickets with mandatory reservations.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
....I've just been reading through (and not for the first time:roll:) my TOC's 'plans' on ticket office closures/reduced hours/station hosts and in the literature found the following:

*Denotes ticket offices that do not currently have reservations as a condition of Schedule 17.

Could anyone explain to me what that means ?....

Schedule 17 is a list of all lead retailer ticket offices on the National Rail Network and is part of the Ticketing and Settlement Agreement (TSA), which all companies agree to when they take on a franchise. It lists opening and closing times, operator, what ticket machines are in use, and any restrictions or easements that apply to the provision of information for, and issuing of, rail and non-rail products.

Some ticket offices, for example, cannot issue reservations, this will be noted in Schedule 17.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Original plans 'shelved' ... However, GTR now propose to reintroduce their proposals slowly through a ‘soft launch’ at some stations.

In a way so as to fall below the radar. Clever play by GTR it would seem, as posters up suggest that feedback has resulted in a suspension of the plans.

Now the public will consider it a victory and forget to keep up the fight...

Last edited:

Sleepy

Established Member
<(
In a way so as to fall below the radar. Clever play by GTR it would seem, as posters up suggest that feedback has resulted in a suspension of the plans.

Now the public will consider it a victory and forget to keep up the fight...

<( Wow is there nothing GTR won't try to force through it's nasty plans !!!
#worstTOC

craigy68

Schedule 17 is a list of all lead retailer ticket offices on the National Rail Network and is part of the Ticketing and Settlement Agreement (TSA), which all companies agree to when they take on a franchise. It lists opening and closing times, operator, what ticket machines are in use, and any restrictions or easements that apply to the provision of information for, and issuing of, rail and non-rail products.

Some ticket offices, for example, cannot issue reservations, this will be noted in Schedule 17.

Many thanks ... Seems odd that many stations have * after them, including mine where issuing reservations (as always with apex tickets) is part of our daily routine :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.