• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'GTR Train Driving Experience Aboard Class 365 Train Simulator'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Hello guys

Firstly I have no affiliation to GTR, nor am I in any way affiliated with the advertisement shown here but I've just stumbled across this. I hope the mods don't mind me sharing this here for anyone interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOVIA-THA...152907?hash=item3f64cdddcb:g:H7gAAOSwc1FXYD-Z

eBay said:
GOVIA THAMESLINK RAIL Train Drive Experience Aboard a Class 365 Train Simulator
Govia Thameslink Rail in partnership with Max Appeal are delighted to offer a special 2 hours training session driving a class 365 train simulator based at our Hornsey Training Centre.

After an initial safety brief you will take the controls of a state of the art simulator where you will be put through your paces to see if you have what it takes to become a train driver.

You will drive over typical train routes where you will be put through the challenge of dealing with driving in adverse weather conditions, faults and mechanical breakdowns, animals on the line, engineering works and using the public address system. At the end of the session you will have a much better understanding of just some of the skills that are required to become a professional train driver.

Please note the simulator is static based and is a full replica of a 365 driving cab.

The session will take place on a Saturday morning on a mutually convenient date for both the winning bidder and Govia Thameslink Railway. Travel and accommodation to and from the session are not included. This experience must be taken up by 30th June 2017.

This is a unique and much sought after experience so we wish you good luck with your bidding.

I hope this is appropriate to be posted here, if not then mods please do as you see fit.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
Presumably the winning bidder will turn up at the simulator, hang around for 10 minutes after the session is due to start, and then find it gets shut down due to a shortage of available train crew.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Presumably the winning bidder will turn up at the simulator, hang around for 10 minutes after the session is due to start, and then find it gets shut down due to a shortage of available train crew.

Hahahaha I like that TSR

Thanks,
Ross

AngusH

Can I say well done to those arranging it, who must be giving up time and effort to arrange this.

I wish the best of luck raising money for the charity!

theageofthetra

On Moderation
The only word of warning I can offer to those thinking of doing this is these simulators can make you feel travel sick as you don't get the movement in relation to the screens.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Part of the simulation includes testing you for the "right" way to vote in a union ballot. <D

I knew there would be at least one post like this!:D
However in all seriousness I wish anyone entering this competition good luck, and a well done goes to GTR (something I thought I would never say!) for organizing this event.
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.