• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lem

So going by the advert I guess they won’t consider people who would relocate?

Cheggers

Someone at my depot has applied with them a couple Of times and said they would relocate on application form. Both times they didn’t get in and when they phoned GTR Recruitment they were told it was because they weren’t living at location, they weren’t interested that they were willing to relocate.

baz962

Established Member
Knew this would happen, my six months isnt up until feb typical.

387star

On Moderation
Both are planned inner metro

Cricklewood just Sutton loop and Orpington and Hornsey gn side moorgate and the cross to letchworth Inc Hertford loop

Tl at Hornsey to sign Cambridge to bridges but a separate depot side planned I think

DA1

Does anyone know how they take into account the 60mins? Outside rush hour my journey is around 45-50mins? I’m guessing everyone’s guess is as good as mine. I’ll try my luck with this one.

Saracen_83

Has to be both via personal travel and via public transport????? Wow, personal travel is 45mins however according online takes 1hr 29 via train!!!!! That’s me out then!!!!!

Ghostgeeza

Ive applied for them for atleast 3 differwnt occasions and ive always been told "youve listed many strengths however unfortunately we have better suited applicants with relevant experience" does anyone know what type of things to mention on the application to help me get invited possibly? Btw does anyone know if their test standards are national average or enhanced?

baz962

Established Member
Out of interest is the 6 month rule just for the same TOC you orginally applied to or does it apply to all TOC's ?

If you fail any psychometric tests its 6 months for any toc, if it was a toc specific test , such as sjt or toc interview, then it is just that toc.

Meister

https://gtrailwaycareers.com/templa...144793935346A38577644575166735A4F4E686143756D

Please ONLY APPLY if you live within 60 minutes of travel time to Hornsey travelling both via Public Transport and Personal Transport or your application WILL NOT be considered

Due to safety regulations, you must be aged 21 or over when you begin your training.

Training Salary:
£28,427
Salary: £56,000
Job Expires: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:45PM

Good luck people.

superhands

Disappointed in Cricklewood routes, knew it would be metro but was hopping they would at least get Brighton work. Maybe one day they they will get a fast Corby;)

Tron81

Anyone get through.. . I'm only hearing about rejections for this post...?

Bromley boy

Established Member
All depots will be route specific, no cross covering of work

Once the full service is up and running, which would the “best” GTR TL depot be, in terms of variety/work?

I assume Three Bridges will retain Brighton-Bedford and Sutton loops?

Is the Brighton depot closing?

Cheers.

Class2ldn

Three bridges will be bedford, Horsham, East Grinstead, Brighton and Hornsey.
Brighton is just downsizing.
Too many depots and routes to list

DA1

Received the thanks but no thanks email for the Hornsey post, probably based on my distance I would imagine.

Magoo

Someone I know got a thanks but no thanks and lives quite close to the depot.

Hopefully not hearing anything yet is a good sign, then again we could be sat at the bottom of a long thanks but no thanks list.

Good luck all

mateenez

oh my days! How have I missed this vacancy , I set up the stupid alert thing man ffs

Tron81

I'm thinking the whole advert was just a formality for someone internal...

Tron81

Someone I know got a thanks but no thanks and lives quite close to the depot.

Hopefully not hearing anything yet is a good sign, then again we could be sat at the bottom of a long thanks but no thanks list.

Good luck all
I live 15-20 mins away and got the same response

Status
Not open for further replies.