• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FManc

I’ve briefly followed this thread and I’m gutted for you all! The same happened to me last year at another TOC and it’s the worst possible feeling after wanting something so bad. You just need to pick yourself up and start applying elsewhere before your tests run out!

Knowledgeboy

Yep had the email today. I’m worn out with the whole process to be honest. Are assessment results definateley valid for 5 years!

KelBoMan

I thought they were only valid for 2 years.
I agree, I’m worn out with it all too.

ESONEULB

Assessments are 5 years with this TOC.

The email has said

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm a start date for you to join a 2019 training course for any of our Driver Depots.

There's nothing in that sentence that says there won't be any, just a bigger delay. The timetable mess has added to our delays.

I'm chilled with it all

MuckyFingers

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you wont hear anything as no more courses are going to be taken on

Need2

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you wont hear anything as no more courses are going to be taken on
And your source of information is?
As has been said, there might not be any courses this year but next year and beyond almost certainly.

Niek88

I'm currently in the pool for Orpington. The update email that i recieve in march did not allude to anything not happening indefinitely...I was told that there was excess trainees, hence the delays with start dates.

bionic

Just to update people still waiting for Orpington.... SE drivers had been told by management that GTR would be taking qualified drivers from SE when they took their work back (I've still got the emails), but it recently came down officially from SE management (got that email too) that this is not going to happen and the GTR depot at Orpington has enough GTR drivers to cover the extra work. The SE drivers who have been covering it for years and were told they could get jobs with GTR when the work went back were being strung along. I must say that, even as a complete cynic, I am surprised by this development. All those on here I told not to bother with Orpington because qualifieds would get the jobs... I was wrong. That'll teach me to believe the propaganda. Good luck to anyone still waiting. Hope you get in.

Knowledgeboy

Had an email earlier regards talent pool, anyone else receive it. I’m waiting on Hornsey, no mention of cricklewood.

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your patience while you have been awaiting news regarding start date for a Train Driver Course for our Hornsey/Cambridge depot.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm a start date for you to join a training course at our Hornsey/Cambridge, for the remainder of this year due to the limited number of vacancies available for this depot. At present we do not envisage the recruitment position to change in the first quarter of 2020.

However please be assured we will keep you updated with any changes and would appreciate if you could advise us if your circumstances change and that you will no longer be able to join us.

Once again thank you for your understanding and patience.

Kind Regards,

387star

On Moderation
Probably a good thing they are holding back with trainees

Many thameslink trainees who started around 2016 were training for over 2 years . Delays in placing trainees on 700 courses added a further delay to their training although the initial root cause was a shortage of DIs

Many trainees are travelling from orpington or Gillingham to Brighton to train with Brighton drivers on routes they will never sign. Some were trained by Southeastern on trains they will never drive and routes they will never sign so they have had to learn what they need once qualified

There was also annoyance when a group of trainees who had waited a long time were jumped by newer cricklewood trainees !

So hopefully things can settle down before more are taken on.

Komma

What did the email say out of interest?
The email said that new courses,will not be starting in the first quarter of 2020.I have 2 friends who have qualified as drivers at Cricklewood.It took the first one 2 years to pass out and the second one passed out last month after 19 months.
The problem is that they took on too many trainees and had too few driving instructors.They are trying to clear the backlog,which is having an effect on our applications.I know it is a pain,but I would rather wait a bit longer than sit around for 2 years waiting to get passed out.I am lucky as I work on the railway and enjoy my job and I know through experience that railway recruitment is so different to any other industry.
Lets keep our fingers crossed that by April or May things start moving forward.

bionic

Hopefully these jobs actually do materialise, unlike the ones south of the river where they binned people off after keeping them waiting years and didn't even bother to tell them.

Komma

Hopefully these jobs actually do materialise, unlike the ones south of the river where they binned people off after keeping them waiting years and didn't even bother to tell them.
Cricklewood depot is now up and running and they need more drivers. It will happen, but will take patience. Like Guinness, it will be worth the wait.

Firestarter

So how do I see my old applications if there not saved?

To put it bluntly you cant.

This is the best I can find from the FAQ

I applied for a role a little while ago and haven’t heard anything back, what should I do?

The best course of action in this situation is to log into your account and see what status your application is at and what emails you have been sent (sometimes these can end up in your spam folder, so it’s worth double checking). If there’s no news in there and it’s been more than two weeks since the job ad closed, feel free to get in contact with the recruitment team on [email protected]. When emailing us, if you could include the job title and reference number in the subject line, it would be really helpful. For high volume roles, it can take us some time to get through all the applications and it may take longer than two weeks to process your application. Thanks for your patience!

Good luck!

ESONEULB

To put it bluntly you cant.

This is the best I can find from the FAQ

I applied for a role a little while ago and haven’t heard anything back, what should I do?

The best course of action in this situation is to log into your account and see what status your application is at and what emails you have been sent (sometimes these can end up in your spam folder, so it’s worth double checking). If there’s no news in there and it’s been more than two weeks since the job ad closed, feel free to get in contact with the recruitment team on [email protected]. When emailing us, if you could include the job title and reference number in the subject line, it would be really helpful. For high volume roles, it can take us some time to get through all the applications and it may take longer than two weeks to process your application. Thanks for your patience!

Good luck!

I'll have to call Trudy Monday.... I'm in a talent pool so I hope she can give me my access back.

I reregistered to the new site and that's just blank.

Hugz47

I believe ETCS and ATO training for qualified drivers is the priority for 2020.

Sadly I think this means it is unlikely there will be a course for trainees in the near future.

Ladder23

Established Member
I’d be chuffed to know I got the job but have to just be patient, every trainee position I’ve tried for I’ve never got lucky, mean time stuck in S&T checking daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.