• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESONEULB

How many people are waiting in GTR Talent Pools..?
How many different depot talent pools do GTR have?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dth

I recieved a long awaited email with some news regarding a possible course at Hornsey today. I just had to express my continued interest. Finally a little glimmer of hope. Did anyone else get this?

ESONEULB

I recieved a long awaited email with some news regarding a possible course at Hornsey today. I just had to express my continued interest. Finally a little glimmer of hope. Did anyone else get this?

Yes I received the email last Friday and replied.

Then I received another email with a deadline the next day, asking me to follow a closed link (not to be shared) to reset up my GTR login and upload my up-to-date details ie: personal details, CV , etc.

I also received the same email again today as you got. I don't have to do anything as I did it last week.

I think they are making sure everyone has received it. You may have received the one last week as well but missed it. Check your spam as that's were mine went to.

I then received confirmation off the above once I uploaded what they asked for.

There are no dates set in stone as of yet

Knowledgeboy

Yes I received the email last Friday and replied.

Then I received another email with a deadline the next day, asking me to follow a closed link (not to be shared) to reset up my GTR login and upload my up-to-date details ie: personal details, CV , etc.

I also received the same email again today as you got. I don't have to do anything as I did it last week.

I think they are making sure everyone has received it. You may have received the one last week as well but missed it. Check your spam as that's were mine went to.

I then received confirmation off the above once I uploaded what they asked for.

There are no dates set in stone as of yet

Same as me. Had the email last Wednesday and then a link to upload my details to the new recruitment page. Don’t have anymore info either regarding dates but feeling very fortunate to finally have some light at the end of the tunnel!

ESONEULB

Same as me. Had the email last Wednesday and then a link to upload my details to the new recruitment page. Don’t have anymore info either regarding dates but feeling very fortunate to finally have some light at the end of the tunnel!

I only found my email that came on Wednesday in my spam on Friday. Thanks to a personal mail from another forum member who is now training with another TOC.

To him... Thank you he knows who he is

Komma

Just seen the email, thanks to this thread. Have sent them an email confirming my interest.

Jadey

Thanks for all the info. I have checked my emails, but haven’t received anything. The depot I have been waiting on is Cambridge though. Do you think it would be worth me sending them a message?

dth

Yeah I checked and they had sent it originally last week.

dth

Thanks for all the info. I have checked my emails, but haven’t received anything. The depot I have been waiting on is Cambridge though. Do you think it would be worth me sending them a message?

The email I received was specifically regarding Hornsey I guess they don't have any more news for Cambridge.

Knowledgeboy

Has everyone else received an email today with a link to book an interview. Spoke to Roopali and she said because it has been 2 years they want to interview again. I’m stunned to be honest and feel a bit sick at this news. If anyone speaks to her can you ask how many places there are on the course.

dth

Has everyone else received an email today with a link to book an interview. Spoke to Roopali and she said because it has been 2 years they want to interview again. I’m stunned to be honest and feel a bit sick at this news. If anyone speaks to her can you ask how many places there are on the course.

Yeah I had the same. I understand how you are feeling. I do see their reasoning and to be honest although it's another hurdle it's one that we have already passed and I feel we have only improved since then. Just our patience in waiting shows them how determined we all are. We just need to demonstrate that to them.one more time. The reward is coming!!

ESONEULB

Yeah I had the same. I understand how you are feeling. I do see their reasoning and to be honest although it's another hurdle it's one that we have already passed and I feel we have only improved since then. Just our patience in waiting shows them how determined we all are. We just need to demonstrate that to them.one more time. The reward is coming!!

What is this interview another DMI?

Knowledgeboy

What is this interview another DMI?
It would seem that way. Have been asked to do the hogan test again in preparation. I was sent a link with dates and times for interviews. Starting next week. Think there was eleven slots. My hunch is there are 8 places on the course although can’t verify and that they will choose the best 8.

ESONEULB

It would seem that way. Have been asked to do the hogan test again in preparation. I was sent a link with dates and times for interviews. Starting next week. Think there was eleven slots. My hunch is there are 8 places on the course although can’t verify and that they will choose the best 8.

You were asked to do the Hogan Test in your email? Or did someone tell you to do it?

I've booked my interview and will treat it like a DMI,

I'm still within the two year window for the OPC tests

ESONEULB

I agree with you and totally understand why they are doing this. Better get studying again :s

ESONEULB

I have been asked to do a Hogan Test as well and it will be sent out to everyone.

GeniusB

Hi guy's,

Anyone have any information on Shunters for Cricklewood.....is it OPC who do assessments ? And has anyone have any idea what the salary is? I heard its around 24k, why so low for shunter ?

Established Member

I just stumbled across this thread. That makes pretty shocking reading!

I must say guys, if you’ve been waiting in a talent pool for 2-3 years, that beggars belief. Just apply wherever you can in order to get a key. Crossrail, ARL, SWR, SE etc. have taken on recently IIRC, in central London locations, and in the time it seems some people on here have been waiting you could have trained, got your key and a year or more’s driving under your belt.

Nothing to stop you applying elsewhere and keeping GTR in the background. Lots of these TOCs have a high turnover of drivers and recruit regularly.

Please don’t anybody take this the wrong way - the reality is railway recruitment is set up to favour the TOCs and they have absolutely no loyalty to you. Remember that VTEC (as was) recruited a load of trainees a few years back, kept some of them in a pool for years and then told them they were no longer needed.

EDIT: and sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the GTR site now has an advert for brand new trainees, including at Cricklewood. I understand you guys have been told you’ll be interviewed again - so does this mean you’ll be in competition with new faces after years of waiting?!

https://gtrailwaycareers.com/jobs/vacancy/tlgn-trainee-train-driver-0399/417/description/

Last edited:

GeniusB

I must say guys, if you’ve been waiting in a talent pool for 2-3 years, that beggars belief. Just apply wherever you can in order to get a key. Crossrail, ARL, SWR, SE etc. have taken on recently IIRC, in central London locations, and in the time it seems some people on here have been waiting you could have trained, got your key and a year or more’s driving under your belt.

Nothing to stop you applying elsewhere and keeping GTR in the background. Lots of these TOCs have a high turnover of drivers and recruit regularly.

Please don’t anybody take this the wrong way - the reality is railway recruitment is set up to favour the TOCs and they have absolutely no loyalty to you. Remember that VTEC (as was) recruited a load of trainees a few years back, kept some of them in a pool for years and then told them they were no longer needed.

EDIT: and sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the GTR site now has an advert for brand new trainees, including at Cricklewood. I understand you guys have been told you’ll be interviewed again - so does this mean you’ll be in competition with new faces after years of waiting?!

https://gtrailwaycareers.com/jobs/vacancy/tlgn-trainee-train-driver-0399/417/description/
Afternoon,

Is it the OPC who conduct trainee driver assessments ??

Joliver

See they've taken Cricklewood off now and replaced with Hornsey.

Massive kick in the teeth for people in the talent pool if they will be up against a whole new batch of candidates.

Established Member
See they've taken Cricklewood off now and replaced with Hornsey.

Massive kick in the teeth for people in the talent pool if they will be up against a whole new batch of candidates.

Yep. Odd that the change happened only this afternoon - hopefully just an internal admin error.

But waiting in a pool for years and then being asked back for another interview? No thanks! This kind of thing is why people need to remember a talent pool place means precisely zilch until you get a contract and a firm start date.

This thread makes especially heartbreaking reading when there’s an SWR recruitment thread currently running where vacancies appeared in Feb (this year), and people are talking about start dates in June (this year).

ESONEULB

How has everyone got on from the talent pool with there second DMI?

ESONEULB

Good luck. Had mine last Wednesday, they called Friday, Medical all booked in!!

Had mine last week... Got a call and a offer... Medical booked next week..

Good Luck everyone that's in it to..

Status
Not open for further replies.