• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komma

Well done to all who have passed already and thanks for the positive messages.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ESONEULB

Medical passed and now await dates etc.

I spoke to two drivers in the waiting room at my medical and one of them was a driver at Hornsey. She said that they had been told that courses were due to start the end of June.

We chatted about routes and about the job.. All very interesting and positive.

Can't wait to get going 8-)

dth

Just had my medical cancelled because if the current situation. Fully expected that to happen. They are going to rebook it when things start to improve. Hopefully we will start getting back to normal soon.

Aftv49

Can someone explain the recruitment stages at GTR. I had applied for the role of a trainee driver in the most recent recruitment campaign. I have already passed all my psychometrics with another TOC. Today I received an email from GTR inviting me to complete an online OPC questionnaire. This was the same questionnaire I had done before my DMI with another TOC. So I’m wondering if I have made it to the DMI stage.

If anyone can clarify the recruitment stages I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

jezzer34

Can someone explain the recruitment stages at GTR. I had applied for the role of a trainee driver in the most recent recruitment campaign. I have already passed all my psychometrics with another TOC. Today I received an email from GTR inviting me to complete an online OPC questionnaire. This was the same questionnaire I had done before my DMI with another TOC. So I’m wondering if I have made it to the DMI stage.

If anyone can clarify the recruitment stages I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!
Same for me, i have already completed all assessments with the opc with another TOC and also got this email. Either way it can only really be a positive thing.

Aftv49

Same for me, i have already completed all assessments with the opc with another TOC and also got this email. Either way it can only really be a positive thing.

Did you do the same questionnaire just before your DMI with the other TOC? From what I know the questionnaire is part of the DMI process, I'm very curious to know what the next stage(s) are.

Anyway, I wish you all the best mate!

Jaytrains

I’m literally smiling reading the last two messages because I’ve also passed all the assessments with another toc and also received the questionaire email So im hoping the forward us straight to DMi after this questionaire

Aftv49

I’m literally smiling reading the last two messages because I’ve also passed all the assessments with another toc and also received the questionaire email So im hoping the forward us straight to DMi after this questionaire

Fingers crossed it means we have jumped to the DMI stage. Nevertheless, it’s only a positive thing getting that email.

I’m wondering if they are recruiting for a talent pool now. Having read some of the messages on this thread, it seems as though people from the previous talent pool have been offered positions and start dates. Guess we just need to wait and see now.

Jaytrains

Fingers crossed it means we have jumped to the DMI stage. Nevertheless, it’s only a positive thing getting that email.

I’m wondering if they are recruiting for a talent pool now. Having read some of the messages on this thread, it seems as though people from the previous talent pool have been offered positions and start dates. Guess we just need to wait and see now.
Yhh i hope so too and someone on the thread mentioned that GTR have start dates for trainee drivers in june 2020 that’s what they’ve been told when they had their medical I’m hoping to be part of that group

Jaytrains

Is there anyone on here that has not passed the assessments yet received the same email?

dth

They do ask you to complete the questionnaire before your DMI. In my case I had the DMI booked in and they asked me to complete the questionnaire before I attended. This was before the current social distancing restrictions came into force.

Edit to say

Just double checked what I had to do before my DMI and it was the Hogan Personality Inventory.

Last edited:

ESONEULB

Yhh i hope so too and someone on the thread mentioned that GTR have start dates for trainee drivers in june 2020 that’s what they’ve been told when they had their medical I’m hoping to be part of that group

No confirmed start dates yet. But yes June has been mentioned.

I passed my Medical just before the Lockdown. I'm waiting now to get a date and to then start the onboarding process.

I spoke to GTR-HR only last week and they were very confident the courses will go ahead.

Jaytrains

I passed my Medical just before the Lockdown. I'm waiting now to get a date and to then start the onboarding process.

I spoke to GTR-HR only last week and they were very confident the courses will go ahead.
Im glad to hear that and congrats

ESONEULB

Im glad to hear that and congrats

Thanks for the congrats.. and good luck with the DMI

There are also new courses planned for Sept

So things are moving which is very positive for everyone.

Just need to get past this Lockdown etc.

Jaytrains

Ahhh that’s good to hear and yhh we do need to get past this hopefully they get a vaccine out sooner then later and i just done the online questionaire it was a bit tricky i hope i do well

gazza87

Hello,
Would you be able to help me with the correct contact for GTR HR? I have tried calling them but they said the office was on lockdown.
Do you have a contact email address at all you could help me with?
It would appear Trudy (who I have communicated in the past with) is currently off.
Many Thanks

ESONEULB

Hello,
Would you be able to help me with the correct contact for GTR HR? I have tried calling them but they said the office was on lockdown.
Do you have a contact email address at all you could help me with?
It would appear Trudy (who I have communicated in the past with) is currently off.
Many Thanks

DM'd you

Last edited:

Aftv49

Got an email from GTR inviting me to a second online test, the mini scaat. Can I ask what is the mini scaat and what does it consist of?

387star

On Moderation

Nice vid of where we will be doing our training.
They used to expect trainees based at Three Bridges to make their way to Hornsey for simulator training as Siemens wouldn't let anyone touch their simulator! I only went on the 700 sim once during my 700 course the other two times were 319s. No longer drive for Tl thankfully

Class2ldn

They used to expect trainees based at Three Bridges to make their way to Hornsey for simulator training as Siemens wouldn't let anyone touch their simulator! I only went on the 700 sim once during my 700 course the other two times were 319s. No longer drive for Tl thankfully
Ah one that got away well done lol

Class315

Throughout my training I went on the 700 simulator a fair bit, actually come to think of it I went on every simulator either at Hornsey training academy or Siemens MFB.

387star

On Moderation
Throughout my training I went on the 700 simulator a fair bit, actually come to think of it I went on every simulator either at Hornsey training academy or Siemens MFB.
When I was there the 700 SIM at Hornsey wasn't there only a 319 SIM. I hate SIMS so I was glad not to attend too many ! I think you can always book a room if you need to.
When I was a trainee the first SIM I went on was over a year into training.
My commute to Three Bridges was far enough so Hornsey was a mission although to be fair it's worked out from the depot.
700s are great trains to drive and pay and conditions are among the best .

Training was a shambles though having a DI but not being able to drive the stock delaying trainees behind us. Told to go to Bedford day one of training but the trainer was in Brighton. Having to plead for travel time to Brighton because that's where they were training us. Trainees waiting a year for a DI. That's despite some excellent managers and Dis. I guess introducing large numbers of reainesa with a delayed new train fleet and expanded routes was always going to be challenging . Things shoukd be much smoother now for trainees especially if you only need core routes.

ESONEULB

Got an email from GTR inviting me to a second online test, the mini scaat. Can I ask what is the mini scaat and what does it consist of?

I been asked about this a few times by DM so I'll put my answer on here as well.

The miniscaat (mini Safe Concentration & Attention Test) it's a small version than the full scaat test.

It is designed to assess an individual's ability to concentrate and attend to a range of tasks and activities like the Safe Concentration and Attention Test (SCAAT). However, where the SCAAT assesses an individual's concentration over extended periods of time, the miniSCAAT assesses this over a shorter period of time and was specifically designed with this in mind.

It's on the OPC website, they do the type of industry tests for TOCs. You can try the practice tests they have.

Essentially the SCAAT is a repetitive test that has you crossing out a set shape(s) /letter(s) from a block, going from left to right. The first test is a one shape, the second is two shapes and the third is one set shape and one changing shape at the start of each line.

You can also download the test from the group bourdon tool thread on this forum.

Hope that helps.

PS. Sometimes you won't get reply's to questions asked because searching the forum will get you your answers.

KRO

Aftv49

I been asked about this a few times by DM so I'll put my answer on here as well.

The miniscaat (mini Safe Concentration & Attention Test) it's a small version than the full scaat test.

It is designed to assess an individual's ability to concentrate and attend to a range of tasks and activities like the Safe Concentration and Attention Test (SCAAT). However, where the SCAAT assesses an individual's concentration over extended periods of time, the miniSCAAT assesses this over a shorter period of time and was specifically designed with this in mind.

It's on the OPC website, they do the type of industry tests for TOCs. You can try the practice tests they have.

Essentially the SCAAT is a repetitive test that has you crossing out a set shape(s) /letter(s) from a block, going from left to right. The first test is a one shape, the second is two shapes and the third is one set shape and one changing shape at the start of each line.

You can also download the test from the group bourdon tool thread on this forum.

Hope that helps.

PS. Sometimes you won't get reply's to questions asked because searching the forum will get you your answers.

KRO
Thank you for your reply. So I’m assuming this is just a sifting process and a failure doesn’t count as one life lost. I have already passed my psychometric Tests so I’m hoping that’s not the case. Sounds to me the mini scaat is a lot like the group bourdon but just done on a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.