• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Woojam

I passed my medical on Tuesday just awaiting my contract and looking to start on the 23rd of October at Cricklewood is anyone else in the same boat? It’s finally happening after 6 long years of trying!!
I also passed my medical on that Tuesday and due to start on 23rd October for Cricklewood, so should see you then!

Jmjwoollard88

Ok so I have my miniSCAAT test tomorrow (making sure day off and well rested, only given 5 days notice to take online test!) if anyone has sat this, do you know if it is shapes or dots just so I can do a few practice runs prior, I found a great resource here on different thread and want to be as prepared as possible! :lol:

My practice test seems to just hurt my wrist typing right and up.

Tb12

Ok so I have my miniSCAAT test tomorrow (making sure day off and well rested, only given 5 days notice to take online test!) if anyone has sat this, do you know if it is shapes or dots just so I can do a few practice runs prior, I found a great resource here on different thread and want to be as prepared as possible! :lol:

My practice test seems to just hurt my wrist typing right and up.
What depot are they putting you in for?

Jmjwoollard88

Cricklewood, first go at it so hopefully beginners luck.
Run pubs currently, which I do enjoy but would love to change career for a brighter future!

Luckyflames

Cricklewood, first go at it so hopefully beginners luck.
Run pubs currently, which I do enjoy but would love to change career for a brighter future!

You could be looking at years before a start date. If you pass the whole process. Fingers crossed for you.

NSE

Established Member
There’s courses through the year for Cricklewood. It’s the depot on Thameslink that takes the most trainee drivers.

Anyone know or have any idea on how they process applications?

I believe I and many others are awaiting DMI for there, I imagine they also have a talent pool, every now and then I contemplate emailing but then dont as I assume it wouldnt make much difference.

Reading this forum though it appears like they are still progressing people on from early stages as well.

Big dom

Anyone know or have any idea on how they process applications?

I believe I and many others are awaiting DMI for there, I imagine they also have a talent pool, every now and then I contemplate emailing but then dont as I assume it wouldnt make much difference.

Reading this forum though it appears like they are still progressing people on from early stages as well.
I was given a DMI date within a week of passing assessment date so don’t know why you should all be held up

Mman1500

Use S.T.A.R. Loads on this in the forums. Be positive and truthful.

Good Luck. What Depot will you be joining.