• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guard SWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppomoppo1

Hi, had my interview for commercial guard last week - which I feel went well, how long does it take to hear back if successful or not?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi, had my interview for commercial guard last week - which I feel went well, how long does it take to hear back if successful or not?

Many thanks!
Depends on their workload in recruitment as well as how many people they’re interviewing. They should have given you a rough idea at interview?

oppomoppo1

They gave me a rough idea, but I'm just an impatient sod went for Bournemouth!
Feedback appeared good, so just cross my fingers and keep waiting

oppomoppo1

Ironically just got a call saying I'd passed, and they'll be back in contact when they have a course date available - hopefully not too far in the future as I've seen they've put out more jobs for Bournemouth. But either way very happy.

Good luck to others doing the process.

Best of luck. I applied for the same role at Bournemouth last August but didn't pass the online assessment. I also applied for the same role at Salisbury in March but again didn't pass the online assessment. Any hints or tips on passing the online assessment will be greatly appreciated.

oppomoppo1

I really don't know, I would just say go with the answer you believe to be right, as far as I'm aware there's not really much more you can do, just keep trying :)

All the best

Ally321

Ironically just got a call saying I'd passed, and they'll be back in contact when they have a course date available - hopefully not too far in the future as I've seen they've put out more jobs for Bournemouth. But either way very happy.

Good luck to others doing the process.

Hi - I passed my inerview for a guard job in Salisbury but am still waiting for a course date - have you started yet or heard anything?

oppomoppo1

Hi Ally,

Got my start date probably around 3-4 weeks ago now, I start 30th Sept.

Literally did my medical 3 days after acceptance so that's all sorted, just doing references and dbs and then all good to go.

Give them a call?

Siqulme

I’ve passed out of the guards school earlier in the year and they are struggling to get enough courses fitted in for all there new guards they are hiring. Think they are running 13 courses this year each class filled of 12 trainees. Just be patient I’m sure you’ll get a date soon

Status
Not open for further replies.