• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guards assessment and failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asian Demon

I'm just curious. If you pass all the tests and get through to interview and having the interview don't get the job, is this classed as a failure and only have one more chance at the role period. I was just curious as I just found out today I was unsuccessful at the interview for the FGW Train Managers job.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
No, your pass is indeed valid. This arose some time ago at Merseyrail, who were advising people they fad 'failed' and not to reapply for six months, when they had not infact failed any of the assessments - they later retracted their original (wrong) claim.

Generally, the pass is a permanent pass. I resat the tests at one point, and was later told that I didn't need to, much to my frustration.

Asian Demon

No, your pass is indeed valid. This arose some time ago at Merseyrail, who were advising people they fad 'failed' and not to reapply for six months, when they had not infact failed any of the assessments - they later retracted their original (wrong) claim.

Generally, the pass is a permanent pass. I resat the tests at one point, and was later told that I didn't need to, much to my frustration.

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes me feel so much better. Tempted to apply for another guards job with East Midland trains or Greater Anglia and needed to know before I filled out the application.

That's kinda harsh having to do it again, though at the very least you know you are now covered for life so to speak.

FleetEWD

Hello,
I am pencilled in for the first stage of the East Midlands interview process and in my letter I am informed me that I am to give a presentation, subject to be given on the day. Any heads up on this as it seems you have been through this process. And if you are able to outline the kind of questions they ask that would be even better.
Thanks for your time
FleetEWD

jadam35

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes me feel so much better. Tempted to apply for another guards job with East Midland trains or Greater Anglia and needed to know before I filled out the application.

That's kinda harsh having to do it again, though at the very least you know you are now covered for life so to speak.

Don't think this is the case with Northern, originaly passed my guards assessment in 2003 but left in 2006. Just been for an interview to go back and was told i would have to resit them....

The tests remain valid for 5 years for guards (that's from an email I have from Northern).

Status
Not open for further replies.