• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the freight location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'm quite poor at freight locations, but having looked at that pic (and cosidering the guesses so far), something about it says Dundee to me.

Track Basher

Paul gets it correct.

If you had checked on WNXX it has the Class 06 disposal locations and 06005 and 06006 were cut in in Dundee in July 83. - gave enough clues to work it out.

Paul gets it correct.

If you had checked on WNXX it has the Class 06 disposal locations and 06005 and 06006 were cut in in Dundee in July 83. - gave enough clues to work it out.

I presume it's somewhere on the riverside. Probably under the Tesco car park now?

Open floor as I have nothing to contribute unfortunately.

nope.

i'll be gone for about an hour and a half, so:

-no freight currently runs here, despite a part of the facility being advertised as having a rail connection available for use
-there was a resurgence of freight in the 1990s, despite most of the rails having been removed
-this facility is very close to another similar one, which still is in use

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.