• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Sorry this is a bit small. I wonder how long this will last? Shouldn't be too difficult?

Attachments

• Mystery train to identify.jpg
    Mystery train to identify.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 36

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Neither of those I'm afraid.

I have to admit I cropped it the way I did in the hope that someone would suggest Sleeper, but it really is daytime stock - honest.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
No; the earlier guesses were warmer.

Blimey - we finally have a "guess the train" entry that's actually lasting a reasonable length of time and it's mine...!! :D

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well I can't work it out. I think it's a mk3 and I think it's probably one from a 125 set, I just can't work out what sort of coach has that window arrangement apart from a TGS, although it looks familiar saying that.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Earlier I was thinking loco hauled mk3 BFO as in GWR NR Sleeper but the windows just don't seem right.

Karl

On Moderation
I haven't a clue but I'm guessing that Mr Mugridge has cleverly cropped the photo to give the impression that both windows are the same size? :)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Right. After much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that it's a mk3 TSD? That's possibly the area where the extra sized toilet is fitted?

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Right. After much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that it's a mk3 TSD? That's possibly the area where the extra sized toilet is fitted?

You got it; it is 42218 to be exact. You were so close earlier without realising it weren't you?

Attachments

• The answer is 42218.jpg
    The answer is 42218.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 29

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You got it; it is 42218 to be exact. You were so close earlier without realising it weren't you?

That was a good one. It looked really familiar but I just couldn't quite work it out. I'm glad I got it though after Mr Bridge sneaked a 159 at St David's photo in and I completely failed to notice.
Here's this then :D

Attachments

• IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 45

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not a 43 or a 57. If I showed even a tiny bit more you'd get it instantly. It is a locomotive of the 1960s variety.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've slightly expanded the picture. Don't think this'll take long now.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 34