• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GWVillager

This one's really confusing me, it seems we've exhausted all the "red" trains. Mark 4 was my first thought too, but I didn't say so as I thought the Mk4+91 post qualified. If not, I'll say Mk. 4 as well

1Q18

Nope, not a Mk4, I would have counted that earlier. I think I’m giving it away but we’re on the right lines though with the ex-VTEC…

GWVillager

We have a winner! Colas’ 43251. I didn’t feel like ‘ex-VTEC Mk3 coach’ was quite close enough.
That was certainly tricky. The Mk3 message threw me off, I sort of mentally crossed off the 43 upon reading that. Ironically, I saw that loco just the other day myself, it doesn't look quite as good with the NMT as the old yellow power cars, but that's a different topic.

1Q18

The Colas ones will likely end up in their house livery, which will certainly be interesting… but I digress.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
We have a winner! Colas’ 43251. I didn’t feel like ‘ex-VTEC Mk3 coach’ was quite close enough.

Would you please be kind enough to show where on the 'reveal' photograph of the 43 the original 'clue' image was situated?

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
It’s the little gizmo on the lower bodyside just forward of the luggage door.

Is the original 'clue' an actual portion of the original full-size 'reveal' image? I understand the 'reveal' is not the original resolution, but I really can't see how the two are related?

1Q18

The initial photo is a close-up of a part of the lower bodyside in the general area I’ve indicated. They’re related in that they’re both photos of the same powercar on the same occasion.

Attachments

• F22FB601-44DB-40EA-8BA8-DDB6F1F02037.jpeg
    F22FB601-44DB-40EA-8BA8-DDB6F1F02037.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12