• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Thank you; here is my fiendish entry for you lot to puzzle over...

Sorry it's rather restrictive; it's difficult to crop this picture in a way that doesn't make it too easy.

Guess this rail wheeled thingy then.jpg

A Challenge

Established Member
I just thought you were being 'awkward' and classing the power cars separately, as you would do (rightly) with HSTs

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
No.

Getting colder now... It is pretty obvious, though, that it is something with a lot of yellow on it.

So... a lot of yellow, but not the NMT, a 97, MPV or tamper...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Who would’ve thought there were so many yellow things?
Colas 60 maybe?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Is it the high output ballast cleaner thingymajig? (not sure what the proper term for it is)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Neither of those, so there's not many options left now...

By now it's very obvious that it's a maintenance related thingy, so the question is which one... and at least three types have been eliminated as possibilities.

Note: I'm back at work tomorrow, so if nobody has it by about 08.30 in the morning I'll post the answer and call an open floor. So there's 16 hours in which to get at least close to it...