• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Thanks :) don't they refer to that white 153 as The Ghost or similar down in your parts?

Here's something completely different, see what you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 27
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Casper apparently.
That’s an interesting photo. It’s not part of a Castle number plate is it?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’m wondering now if it’s a set of western region reporting numbers but on the front of something like a Bulleid?

Is it Clan Line?

Ash Bridge

Established Member
It's not Clan Line unfortunately, but you'd be better off unstriking the sentence above, or at least some of it.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Argh. Reporting numbers on Tornado? Torbay Express perhaps?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’m not sure which locos have carried those reporting numbers down here and you’ve put me off a Bulleid. It’s not Tornado and I don’t think it’s GWR (although it could be), I don’t think an A4 can actually carry them. Maybe Brittania?

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Not Britannia also none of the ex LNER stuff either, but having said that you are still warm, btw where have all the EMU/DMU guys gone to these days? ;) :D

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Yes I don’t know. :lol:
46115 Scots Guardsmen?

Not quite, same class of loco so I'll give it to you for effort, it's actually 46100 Royal Scot, 6th August 2017 at Teignmouth working The Royal Duchy, replaced with a class 33 at Exeter on the return leg to Bristol, well done!

Attachments

• IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    769.2 KB · Views: 15

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks. I nearly said that before I said Tornado. Should’ve gone for it.
This one’s a bit different and I’m only using it because I’m virtually out of suitable photos.
Somewhere in it is a train. Can you find it and identify what it is and maybe even where it was taken?
7896E9B4-CAB7-483D-8BE7-FAE7F4F26A8E.jpeg

Ash Bridge

Established Member
I'm guessing it's the same as the previous location looking across at the road bridge to Shaldon, I think the train could be an XC Voyager?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes it’s Teignmouth looking up the river towards Shaldon Bridge, taken from my dads balcony which overlooks the Back Beach last night. Here’s the Voyager a few seconds later. Well done.23C033B0-9975-4922-A77E-3A7A7048F91C.jpeg

Over to you...

Ash Bridge

Established Member
On my visit to Teignmouth last year after photographing the trains on the sea wall I (we) later walked to the Shaldon ferry landing point with the same view so must have been stood virtually under your dads balcony then? small world haha!

Back to the running gear, wheelsets etc. for the next one....

Attachments

• IMG_2228.JPG
    IMG_2228.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 26