• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_hippo

I'll keep it for the next 2 rounds then review it (and probably get rid of it at that point, admittedly). You still have one more chance, as does jonb.

No correct answers by the way, keep guessing.

Another rule which I would have thought went unsaid is that generic types like "sprinter" are not allowed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Steady on mate, it isn't really your place to propose rules. I think we'll just forget about the last one and let things be.

jonb

Established Member
Its hardly a competition if we can only guess twice! Sort it out

evil_hippo

jonb said:
Its hardly a competition if we can only guess twice! Sort it out

I have now, see the first post. I will allow you and tubechallenger to take a second guess now if youn wish.

evil_hippo

nope. I am enjoying this one! The next two are difficult too!

Looking at the current guesses, all you are doing is rsearching your memories for trains that have low-backed seats. I would not set something dependant on such guesswork; you have to notice some more subtle things. I'm not giving you any sneaky hints above that, I'm afraid!

evil_hippo

Still wrong.

This could go on a long time...

You've got an uninterupted day of guessing tomorrow as I'm off to Newcastle (and its wonderful metro system, which I advise you to, dropping everything, go off and ride on).

By the way, you are now again allowed as many guesses as you like, however 3 guesses must seperate two posts of the same person.

AlexS

Established Member
Gareth is, I believe, correct. It is either a Class 303, or its slightly newer derivative, the 311. Which, im not sure, not being intimated acquainted with the units, but it is definative a first generation Strathclyde EMU. Well Done, Gareth.

evil_hippo

Moving swiftly on, we come to our next picture.

6iuuzt.png

evil_hippo

No, though I do wonder if anyone has considered using hoovers for leaf-busting duties in autumn. They'd have to dump all the leaves in a massive kitchen bin though.

evil_hippo

You are indeed right: a class 58! well done. 2 points to Alex

CURRENT SCORES
2 POINTS Jonb
2 POINTS Alex

1 POINT Gareth
1 POINT Marv

evil_hippo

It was too small. I don't know why it ended up so small. last time I looked it was three times the size! All right, you get two points, but it doesn't stop me from resenting you, or rather whatever program along thee way reduced it from 400px accross, which is a lat harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.