• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the train!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Right, evil_hippo is doing a guess the train, its similar to mine, you get a distorted to image, n' all.

Let's say, hmm, first to 50 wins a free ubuntu Linux CD-ROM.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

OK. We start with a not-too-difficult one.

Untitled.png

(If this does not show up it is available at http://www.freewebs.com/goldenline_railways/Untitled.png

2 points will be awarded to any victors among the first six posters, after which point the number of points will drop to two.

3 answers from other people must separate guesses made by the same person within the same round, i.e. if you mke one guess and it is not correct you may only make another guess after 3 more people have posted a guess. This does NOT apply within different rounds, so for instance if you are correct in guessing the identity of one picture, you may guess the identity of the next picture to be posted straight away.

Post your answers here, first correct answer wins, judges decision is final blahdiblahdiblah.

By the way, I would like to thank northern-railways.co.uk for several of the original pictures.

Simming

could we see the original shot, as I dont actually know where the train is in that photo :roll: :oops:

evil_hippo

Either use "show image" or copy and paste the url. It is a matter of getting what you pay for, I'm afraid.

clagmonster

Established Member
Virgin Cross Ciuntry Tram in the original varient of the livery somewhere on the S&C is my guess.

evil_hippo

two points to jonb

It is, indeed, a virgin HST.

The next picture will come this evening.

Current scores:
2 POINTS Jonb
1 POINT Marv

evil_hippo

I need your advice on that; can everyone else see my images? you're allowed to directly link, they are just a bit lazy and sometimes cant be bothered to load.

T

Tom

evil_hippo, just use the attachment module!

See Add an Attachment in the posting page.

T

Tom

I agree - if its proven that one is wrong, then they've just lost their chance to guess!

jonb

Established Member
Same here the whole point of a competiton is for people to guess what it is or what the answer might be!

Status
Not open for further replies.