• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess The UK Train Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST Power

Established Member
This game is exactly the same as ‘Guess The International Train Class’ only with UK Train Classes instead.

The aim of the game is to guess which train class is shown in the photo. You can post pictures of train classes in or out of service, so long as they have served on the UK Railways.

The Rules

1) You may only post pictures of train classes that have served in the UK, in or out of service.

2) You may post photos of the train exterior, interior, drivers cab; wherever you like. So long as it is showing part of the train.

3) Feel free to crop or resize your photographs to make guessing harder, but do it carefully.

Update (May 20th)
The use of Photoshop, Paint.Net or any other photo editing programme to obscure backgrounds or imprint false details is strictly forbidden.

4) You may only post a new photo if you correctly solve the answer to the previous one, unless somebody passes on their turn.

5) You may post clues

6) And remember, UK serving trains only!

Update: 31st August 2011

If you decide to post a photo, it is your responsibility to ensure that somebody has the answer if you need to leave the forum for a long period of time. If the list of guesses builds up and no reply is made we may decide to continue on a new photo. Please, ask somebody to take the answer, preferably via Private Message as anyone can see the answer if it is left as a Visitor Message on a profile.

If you post a guess, check back as frequently as you can to see if you were right. If you steam in and get the correct answer, then disappear for days on end, the game comes to a standstill.

I'll start.

Attachments

• guessthetrainclass.jpg
    guessthetrainclass.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You know I think I had the first right guess on the the guess the station thread, setting something of a trend for myself :lol:

Open floor...

Ivo

Established Member
Deleted.

Not deleted: A nice idea for a thread! I hope to join in once I return to Bath next week :)

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Ok its hard but...

attachment.php

gues.jpg

Yew

Established Member
Obviously a corridor connection. Woudnt imagine its a sprinter. Possibly a pacer as you have blanked out the sides, wher ehte yellow cowling could be?

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Looks like the Desiro type to me, although I don't remember the distance between the hazard lines to the connection.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Ok, so it's a corridored Desiro.

So it must be a 350, a 380, a 444 or a 450.

I'm going to go with a 350.

HST Power

Established Member
Notice

I've added a new rule, which allows the giving of clues, just in case there are lots of guesses and nobody is getting anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.