• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guide Bridge depot work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdunlop

An area of sidings track has been cleared and barriered off and various potacabins and pieces of machinery have been put in place. Do anyone know what's happening? It looks like some foundations are being dug or trenches to bury something.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

billh

An area of sidings track has been cleared and barriered off and various potacabins and pieces of machinery have been put in place. Do anyone know what's happening? It looks like some foundations are being dug or trenches to bury something.

I noticed that work as well. A very long pile boring drill was at work a couple of weeks ago with concrete being delivered. The Jeremy Brook flows below the sidings in that area on its way to the River Tame , I hope its culvert hasn't been damaged by the drill. I did wonder if a new maintenance facility was being built for Freightliner, they have been regularly hiring cranes to lift wagons for bogie and axle changes in Brookside - all the work being out in the open.Otherwise, might it be a depot for electrification?
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.