• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guildford to Denmark Hill - any permitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRX

Established Member
Guildford is a routeing point.

The routeing points for Denmark Hill are Clapham Junction, Peckham Rye, Herne Hill and London Group.

If I have an any permitted ticket Guildford-Denmark Hill, are either of the following routes valid?

1) Guildford - Waterloo [underground] Elephant & Castle - Herne Hill - Tulse Hill - Peckham Rye - Denmark Hill

2) Guildford - Wimbledon - Tulse Hill - Elephant & Castle - Denmark Hill

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
I do not know where you got that list of routeing points from as Denmark Hill is a routeing point. The routes available are via London n(see below) and PD+LL
Guildford - London is valid via maps DK, PD, PD+SC, PD+SC+WX
London - Denmark Hill is valid via SL

PD+LL Gives Guildford - Clapham - Peckham Rye - Denmark Hill

To travel via LOndon combine any route from Guildford to London with any route from London - Denmark Hill

Guildford - London gives
Guildford - Clapham Junction - Victoria/Waterloo
Guildford - Wimbledon - London Bridge/Blackfriars (via Croydon and/or Streatham)

For fourther details look at the maps o0n the ATOC website.

London - Denmark Hill gives
Victoria - Denmark Hill
Blackfriars - Denmark Hill (via Elephant & C)
London Bridge - DEnmark Hill via Peckham Rye

BRX

Established Member
I do not know where you got that list of routeing points from as Denmark Hill is a routeing point. The routes available are via London n(see below) and PD+LL
Guildford - London is valid via maps DK, PD, PD+SC, PD+SC+WX
London - Denmark Hill is valid via SL

PD+LL Gives Guildford - Clapham - Peckham Rye - Denmark Hill

To travel via LOndon combine any route from Guildford to London with any route from London - Denmark Hill

Guildford - London gives
Guildford - Clapham Junction - Victoria/Waterloo
Guildford - Wimbledon - London Bridge/Blackfriars (via Croydon and/or Streatham)

For fourther details look at the maps o0n the ATOC website.

London - Denmark Hill gives
Victoria - Denmark Hill
Blackfriars - Denmark Hill (via Elephant & C)
London Bridge - DEnmark Hill via Peckham Rye

Thanks.

Here's where I got routeing points for Denmark Hill:

screenshot20111031at110.png

Section B of the routeing guide. Maybe I've got an out-of date version?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yup having checked on the web it seems I have an out of date version.

BRX

Established Member
What date is yours - they change every 3-4 months.

It's probably from a couple of years ago. From now on I'll only use the website ones.

Slightly different question:

Ticket from Guildford to Loughborough Junction, any permitted route.

Routeing point for Loughborough Junction are Herne Hill, Peckham Rye Group, London Group.

NRG instructions say:

If one station is a routeing point and the other one is a related station, the
permitted route is the shortest route to the routeing point plus the permitted
routes between routeing points.

Does this mean I can travel via Peckham Rye on this ticket (eg Guildford-Clapham Junc - Battersea pk - Peckham then back Peckham-Elephant-Loughborough Junction)?

Basically what I am trying to work out is, if I have a Guildford-Loughborough Junction ticket can I use it to get off at Denmark Hill having travelled via Clapham Junc and Battersea.

clagmonster

Established Member
Ticket from Guildford to Loughborough Junction, any permitted route.

Routeing point for Loughborough Junction are Herne Hill, Peckham Rye Group, London Group.
Once you have found the routeing points, you need to determine which, if any, are appropriate for the journey (step 4). To do thism we compare single fare as follows:
Guildford-Loughborough Jn SDS £12.30

Guildford-Herne Hill SDS £12.30, this is the same fare as the fare to Loughborough Jn so Herne Hill is an appropriate routeing point.

Guildford-Peckham Rye SDS £12.30, this is the same fare as the fare to Loughborough Jn so Peckahm Rye is an appropriate routeing point.

Guildford-London Terminals SDS £10.80, SDS £12.30, this is the less than the fare to Loughborough Jn so the London Group is an appropriate routeing point.

Does this mean I can travel via Peckham Rye on this ticket (eg Guildford-Clapham Junc - Battersea pk - Peckham then back Peckham-Elephant-Loughborough Junction)?
I would say no as you would be doubling back through Denmark Hill (prohibited in step 7).

Status
Not open for further replies.