• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guildford to Motspur Park via Wimbledon showing no valid fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I'm looking up Guildford to Motspur Park on National Rail Enquiries app. When I put in via Wimbledon it gives me a route via Clapham Junction which is valid and has the discounted price of £7.45.

The times are as follows:
11:49 Guildford to Clapham Junction
12:48 Clapham to Motspur Park

The above involves a double back between Wimbledon and Clapham Junction but is allowed.

However it also returns the following and says no fare is avilable:
12:07 Guildford to Surbtion via Cobham
12:57 Surbiton to Wimbledon
13:10 Wimbledon to Motspur Park

Why is no fare avilable when surely one isn't doubling back?

Both stations are routing points so a fares check isn't required. The valid routing maps are DK, PD and PU. PD allows travel via the Cobham line.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
NRE presumably doesn't like the double-back between Wimbledon and Raynes Pk on the NOT VIA CLJ fare?

infobleep

Veteran Member
NRE presumably doesn't like the double-back between Wimbledon and Raynes Pk on the NOT VIA CLJ fare?
Of course I'd forgotten you need to double back from Wimbledon to Raynes Park. I've not travelled on that route since mid March and I'm already forgetting things like this. :lol:

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Easement 700446 says "Customers travelling from or via Motspur Park to Surbiton and beyond in possession of tixkets routed "not via London" may double back between Raynes Park and Wimbledon. This easement applies in both directions." - I think it is probably an oversight that this easement doesn't also cover fares routed "CLAPHM J NOT LDN"?

Status
Not open for further replies.