• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gunnersbury to Martins Heron - easiest way to purchase Railcard tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataraxis

Hello,

For the next few months I'll be traveling from GUN to MAO almost every day for work purposes (so more often than the new flexi seasons would allow) - getting the 0657 London Overground service to Richmond, then swapping for the 0706 Reading train. Return will (usually) be the 1705 departure from MAO, and then whatever is sitting in the Richmond bay platforms to return to GUN.

Not a complex journey, but the issue is the easiest/best way to purchase tickets. Ideally I'd like to use my 26-30 railcard for this - the SDR fare is £14.90 which would be reduced to £12.00 with the railcard, not a massive saving but it'll add up over the weeks. Unfortunately it appears the only way to actually purchase this fare is by collecting physical tickets from a station - presumably because the gateline barriers at GUN can't read eTickets or ITSO cards, being a TfL station.

Hardly a massive issue to purchase tickets and collect them each day, but I was wondering if there was a better solution out there, although I'm not particularly hopeful as I'm aware my itinerary is a little odd.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
You can go to a station and buy for multiple days, as long as you know which days you will be travelling.

plugwash

Established Member
Weird, the 7 day season is actually more expensive than 5 anytime day returns.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Weird, the 7 day season is actually more expensive than 5 anytime day returns.
That is not uncommon where the journey is 'against the flow'. The availability of 'against the flow' season tickets is quite limited, presumably because they represent too much of a risk for abuse.

zero

You can buy as many tickets as you want online and collect them all in one go... just don't leave your card in the card reader like I did when I collected 30 tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.