Gutted!

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Elllmo, 1 Jun 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elllmo

Elllmo New Member

Hi to all, my girlfriend recommended I join this site and I'm glad to be here. Found out today that, after getting to the last 5 for a movements maintainer position at Reading Depot for First Great Western, I was not selected. It's an odd feeling, on the one hand I am gutted but on the other I have genuinely got a lot out of the process-passing the assesments was a huge boost, but I guess I failed at the intermodal interview. I shall not give up though, I can tell you all that much.

2. woblynne

woblynne Member

I know how you feel. I had an email from Network Rail today telling me the same after getting to the last 6 for a signallers role. I keep watching the careers site as something else will crop up.

Thanks
    Mark

3. Twedds74

Twedds74 Member

Try not to let it get you down too much mate, i passed all assessments for trainee driver then didn't get through driver manager interview around 4 weeks ago. I was extremely gutted to say least, but if you want something that bad you'll get it in the end, just keep applying like I have, got 3 applications in already.
    Good luck with your job hunt!!

4. rugi

rugi Member

Read the threads gents/ladies you have to be in for the long haul. The railway takes along time and many of us had a number of attempts before getting a start. However it is worth it. There are many and varied reasons why but you just have to go with the flow. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.