• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gutted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elllmo

Hi to all, my girlfriend recommended I join this site and I'm glad to be here. Found out today that, after getting to the last 5 for a movements maintainer position at Reading Depot for First Great Western, I was not selected. It's an odd feeling, on the one hand I am gutted but on the other I have genuinely got a lot out of the process-passing the assesments was a huge boost, but I guess I failed at the intermodal interview. I shall not give up though, I can tell you all that much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

woblynne

I know how you feel. I had an email from Network Rail today telling me the same after getting to the last 6 for a signallers role. I keep watching the careers site as something else will crop up.

Thanks
Mark

Twedds74

Try not to let it get you down too much mate, i passed all assessments for trainee driver then didn't get through driver manager interview around 4 weeks ago. I was extremely gutted to say least, but if you want something that bad you'll get it in the end, just keep applying like I have, got 3 applications in already.
Good luck with your job hunt!!

rugi

Read the threads gents/ladies you have to be in for the long haul. The railway takes along time and many of us had a number of attempts before getting a start. However it is worth it. There are many and varied reasons why but you just have to go with the flow. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.